Destination Weddings Discussions

Day-of hair styling costs

Does anyone have any estimates of how much it costs for hair styling day of wedding? Wondering if this is expensive. Particularly if you have price ideas for Montego Bay. :) We are thinking about possibly bringing my hair stylist in -- she's a family friend and has been doing my hair for more than 8 years. 
~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Day-of hair styling costs

• My quoted price for my hair was $100 but that's in Hawaii.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Are you getting married at a resort...I think it would be cheaper to bring your own. I know the resorts have stylist...contact them to get their prices. I am also a Montego Bay Bride!!!!
  • Prettyface -- I didn't know that! Where in Montego Bay?

Yeah I'm wondering... once everyone gets their hair done, it may make more sense just to have her come. 
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I paid $210 for some one to come into my condo in Maui and do my hair and makeup.  I probably could have got the job done cheaper if I went out but I really appreciated the convenience.
    imageAnniversary
  • Haven't yet looked @ prices, but I have thought about doing my own (having my mom or sisters help) we are pretty savvy when it comes to that stuff lol!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_day-of-hair-styling-costs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:ecbb9883-45a0-4a66-8162-84494336e20bPost:f7d70beb-c1f5-45e3-941f-d3a6b3e56e15">Re: Day-of hair styling costs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I paid $210 for some one to come into my condo in Maui and do my hair and makeup.  I probably could have got the job done cheaper if I went out but I really appreciated the convenience.
    Posted by rmontpas[/QUOTE]

I think I'm gonna be disappointed I didn't do this but I feel bad to cancel who I already booked with.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I paid $130 for hair
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think at the resort I am at to have my hair done at the salon is $80. If I remember correctly.

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • edited February 2012
    I just got a bunch of quotes.  They ranged from 60.00-80.00 per person for an up do.  For our miniature bride most of them charged $45.00.  I am getting married in Florida and this is with the salon coming to our hotel to do all of our hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • $160 for hair and airbrush makeup.  the airbrush was an additional $25, but well worth it
  • The resort is charging $150 for hair and makeup.  I'm not very confident though.  I looked around for someone else, and found a great artist but she charges 200 for brides make up 100 for other and 75 for hair and requires a minimum of 5 people....  so obviously that's not happening...lol
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • I was quoted $150 for someone to come to our villa. But my aunt is a hair dresser and doing mine & my BM's hair & make-up =) I am paying for her airfare but she is also doing some pictures for us as well.

I would say $150 is a fair price.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards