Attire & Accessories Forum

AWESOME Cleaner for Gown, Pre and Post-Wedding

I live in Richardson, TX (Dallas) and have to share a wonderful cleaner to visit for your wedding gown cleaning and preservation!  Pinstripes cleaners in Denton is quite a treck from my neck of the woods, but it was totally worth it!

After getting my dress back from the alterations, we noticed a few yellow spots on the lace/thread.  Then out in the daylight, we noticed a water spot on the dress itself....I was devestated because there was technically no way to prove where it came from since I bought the dress off the rack. 

Long story short, after being referred to Pinstripes, Bill (the owner) came and met me to pick up the dress and had it back to me in a weeks time.  The dress looks even more beautiful now then it did when I bought it.  I can't believe what a wonderful job they did and how relieved I feel knowing I can count on them.  Don't trust your dress to just anybody....trust Pinstripes out of Denton, TX.
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: AWESOME Cleaner for Gown, Pre and Post-Wedding

• You'd do well to post this on a local area board for your part of Texas.  This board is international.  I don't care how good the cleaner is, I wouldn't travel from NJ to Texas to get the dress cleaned.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • scahilscahil member
    First Comment
    I have the wonderful honor of wearing my mother-in-law's wedding dress. It is so beautiful! But it had yellowed quite a bit and there were many stains on it. I started searching for cleaners who do wedding dress restorations. There aren't many. When I spoke with Bill from Pinstripe's Cleaners over the phone, I felt very good about giving him my dress. Pinstripe's Cleaners is one of only 2 cleaners in the DFW area that is nationally certified for dress restoration. They use a slow, 6-week process that is very detailed and very careful. Each stain is addressed individually and treated with just the right chemicals to get it out. My biggest fear was that the dress would not return to its original white color. Well, when Bill met me to give the dress back to me, I couldn't have been more surprised or pleased! It was white. Pure white. And I couldn't see a single stain. If you look online, you will find a range of prices for dress restoration, anywhere from $500 to $1500. Bill was very reasonable and willing to work with me and my budget. He did the dress and the veil both (and even threw in the slip that came with the dress) for his base price of $500. This is a reasonable price when you consider that I got the dress for free from my mother-in-law. With family hierlooms like a wedding dress, be very careful who you allow to "restore" your dress. I would trust and recommend Pinstripes Cleaners to anyone!!!
    Sara & Rex
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards