Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Shuttle Insert Wording

For some reason I am really struggling with this.

Should I put:

Complimentary shuttle service to and from the weddng will be provided for hotel guests.

OR

Complimentary shuttle service will be provided for hotel guests, to and from the wedding.

And then just list the shuttle pick up / drop off times?
For those using shuttles, did you add an email address or anything so that you know how many people would actually use it / to ensure enough room?

Re: Shuttle Insert Wording

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am including it with the directions and accommodations insert. I'm writing:

We will provide a reception shuttle to and from Venue, making stops at these three hotels. To help us accommodate everyone on the shuttle, please indicate on your response card if you would like to use this service.

Then on the response card, it has
    M________
    __ Will Attend
    __ Will Not Attend

__ Will utilize reception shuttle

I figure some people will change there mind but at least it will give me an approximate count. I'll include the actual shuttle times in the OOT gift bags, plus maybe list them on the program for people not staying at the hotels but who will still want to use it.
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are offering shuttle service to/from our wedding since most of FI's family live within about 10 minutes of each other & we figured then they don't have to park in Boston for the day.  We included an insert (see below for wording) and then added a line to our reply card to indicate whether or not they were taking the shuttle:

We understand that parking in Boston can be difficult.  Because we want all of our guests to have a stress-free experience at our wedding, we will be offering shuttle service from _______, Mass, to Boston for our wedding and reception. 
     The shuttle bus will depart from ____________, __________, Mass. at __:___pm on Saturday, June 12, 2010.   The shuttle bus will later make two return trips.  The first will depart from the reception in Boston at approximately ___:___pm.  The second will depart from the reception in Boston at approximately ___:___pm. Please note that there is a Red Sox game at Fenway starting at 4pm on June 12, 2010, therefore  driving and parking in the city will be more difficult than usual.  If you do not plan on using the shuttle, be sure to give yourself extra time to get to the ceremony.  Please R.S.V.P. on the reply enclosure.

Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sweet, these are both perfect examples!! Thanks girls!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards