Wedding Etiquette Forum

Super Duper Early Evening thread

Re: Super Duper Early Evening thread

• It'd be hard, but other than H (obvi) and MAYBE our parents, I think we'd wait a few weeks until we'd dealt with financial planners and estate planners and stuff before we went public.  

I don't know what H would do, but after paying off our debt (house in Ohio) I think we'd quit our jobs and go travel the world for a year.  High class style baby!
  • Hmm I don't know if I would tell people other than close family. Maybe I would, I really don't know. I would pay off my house, my dad & brothers houses, and all of our cars. I really am not sure what I would do with the rest. Go on a kickass vacation. I would definitely quit my job, but that has been expected for a while so it wouldn't be a red flag for people.

On that note, I'm heading home! I might check in later, I miss hanging out at night.
  • I dont know if I would tell anyone for at least a month. First thing I would buy is a gorgeous carribean vacation for that first month. Then start a horse rescue and continue to work my theater job part time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lottery: probably pay off our house and then put the rest in an account to sit and gather some interest. Buy my parents a new house, and build a grandma suite for my grandma. Pay off my dad's medical bills.

I'd probably wait several weeks to tell the public like you Loopy. I'd like to consult some people about what to do with the money before going public.
  • I would wait until I had it confirmed with the lottery commission

I would first buy a vacation home, a really really sweet vacation home.
  • Fruit Loop!

I would wait a while.  First thing I'd do with the winnings would be buy a house.  In full.  And then pay off my parents' mortgage and student loans.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• oh yeah, and pay off Pete and Repeat's student loans. 

That is a big one!
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I would pay off H's school loans and car, and our house. Buy my hometown residents out and build two monsterous houses, one for H and I and one for my mom and dad. Donate some to diabetes and a cancer foundations. That's about it I think.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • I don't think I'd tell anyone but close family.  I'd try to just live off of the interest, so I wouldn't do anything super extravagant, but I'd DEFINITELY quit at least one of my jobs.
  • Hey Bay - How are you doing?  How's things going?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-duper-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f00505d-c1f0-436f-8071-a0417dabd855Post:c46f0e3c-08a6-4f09-8b9c-27e06472091e">Re: Super Duper Early Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Bay - How are you doing?  How's things going?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]
    Not too shabby!  Trying to find ways to occupy myself now that the semester is done, and trying not to be too nervous waiting for the grade.  The grades are due in Friday, so we'll see when I get it.  Looking forward to the next month, especially the GTG with Snippy and Wildfire, one right after the other.

• Muni - after my year of travelling we'd try to live on the interest as well.  
  • I am out for a while, need to walk Sir Barks Alot and make dinner. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-duper-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f00505d-c1f0-436f-8071-a0417dabd855Post:4d86fb0d-2ac6-40c1-83bf-f562f1987cd8">Re: Super Duper Early Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Super Duper Early Evening thread : Not too shabby!  Trying to find ways to occupy myself now that the semester is done, and trying not to be too nervous waiting for the grade.  The grades are due in Friday, so we'll see when I get it.  Looking forward to the next month, especially the GTG with Snippy and Wildfire, one right after the other.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds nerve wracking.  I am sure you did well.  The GTG sounds like fun. </div>
  • Oh herro... H and I are sitting around with feet up because we are exhausted. Like whoa.

I'd probably end u ptelling the family, but I'd wished I hadn't. They would probably be annoying as crap and ask me for money all the time. Depending on the amount, Id probably give some money to my grandparents, buy my mom a house in full (and watch her destroy it, blah) then give my sisters a set amount and that is it. I'd probably have to set up a legal document saying this is all they would ever get from me because lord knows they'd keep asking. 
  • Thanks for the vote of confidence :)  I had an A- going into the final, so I'm hoping to have at least gotten an A- on the final.  But we'll see.

• Hey Snips.  No fun being exhausted.  At least it sounds like you can relax a bit for the evening.  Are you here yet, or still prepping for travel?  Did  you make peace with your mom (right?  who wanted you to make a side trip to GA to see her?)

Good job up to the final Bay - how much of your grade is it?
  • Hello all!

If I won the lottery, I'd buy a house, pay off H's truck and my car. I'd also buy my sister and mom a house.

We'd set aside money for college funds for kids and pay off the bills we have.

We'd probably also buy a vacation home somewhere exciting. :)
  • Eek Fruit Loop! Yay!! I am pretty tired. Rehearsed most of the day for trial tomorrow. I am mostly now just nervous that the answers I want from the witness are not gonna come easy for some reason. Or that I am gonna get an objection that I will have to refer to my supervising attorney to answer.
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Loopy -- 30%.  No pressure, right?

• Well, this is a good exhausted. We walked and shopped all over Boston today!! Leaving for Richmond tomorrow am at 7. 
  • Hmmm, if I won the lottery I would save about 90% of it, pay off my student loans and give some to my parents.  I would give some to my sister, but I am judgmental so I wouldn't end up giving it to her.  Even if I did, she wouldn't really get it anyway because my BIL would spend it all.  But mainly I would save it for grad school, moving expenses, and possibly a house in the future.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • strlzfan11strlzfan11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    Hi everyone!

If I won the lottery, I'd pay off all my students, buy myself a new car & house, give each of my sisters a set amount, pay off my parents' mortgage & give them some $$, set up trust funds for my nephew and any future nieces & nephews, set up a trust to keep the camp I go to running, buy a sweet vacation place somewhere, and start making plans to do all the things on my bucket list.

ETA: That's suppsed to say student loans, not students.
  • Sometimes when watching tv commercials, I think about the most random things. Like when a commercial takes place in a home, I think about all the time and effort it takes to make that set look perfect. I don't know why this stuff comes into my head.
  • MuSu - is there some excitement mixed in with the nervous?  Or is it just nerves at this point.  I hope it goes smoothly for you and I can't wait to hear about it tomorrow.

Snippy - that is good exhausted.  I still want to go to Boston at some point.  I'll get there eventually.  

• Steels - that is a great lotto list :)  
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Loopy, you should come to Boston.  Like...in the next two weeks.

• I wish I could Bay.  But we're paying our credit card off this month (come hell or high water) and it won't happen if I put airfare on there :(
  • Loops there is definitely some excitement. I am nervous because I mean, the plaintiff is a criminal so for some reason that makes me more nervous haha.
  • Just dropping in quick amidst my candle project. 

AHHHHH FRUIT LOOP! That is a fine lookin' baby, there Ms. Loopy! And not banana-shaped AT ALL! ; )

MuSu, you are going to kick some trial butt! WOOHOOO!

And Muni, YAY for France!

OK, I just skimmed and must get back to my drudgery. Six more dozen to go! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards