Florida-South Florida
Options

The Knottie of the Week is... Emily (efont)!

1. First Name & Fiancé’s First Name 
Emily & Alexis

2. Your Age and Fiancé’s Age 
I’m 28 & he’s 29

3. What city were you born in? 
Hoboken, NJ

4. What city do you live in? 
Miami

5. Where did you go to college? 
Miami Dade College & Carlos Albizu University

6. What was your major? 
CAU- Psychology

MDC – Business Administration

7. What is your current job? 

Senior Purchasing Agent for Florida International University

8. What is your dream job? 

Interior Design. Right now it’s a hobby. I also love Industrial & Organizational psychology. I guess you can say I love looking at something & then changing it for the better.

9. How did you and your fiancé meet? 

Through mutual friends in high school. I was a freshman & he was a sophomore at the time.

10. When did you get engaged, and how did he do it?? 
We got engaged on 9/9/09 & it wasn’t intentional. Lol We were on a cruise with friends. He had been trying to ask me to marry him for 3 days straight but we always had interruptions. All of my friends on the cruise knew what he was planning except for me.   Well, this specific night I was hanging out watching a movie on the big screen outside by the pool when Alexis had asked me to take a walk with him to the back of the ship. I was enjoying my movie & really didn't want to go for another walk, so I declined. He leaves me watching my movie & comes back about 15 minutes later to ask me to join him again. Even though I wanted to keep watching the movie I finally agreed to go.

We walked around a bit stopping every now & then to enjoy the view around us. At one point I was totally distracted looking out to the ocean when I turn around to speak to him & I see him down on one knee holding a ring in his hand. I was in total shock. I didn't know what to do with myself.  He asks, "Will you marry me?" I said, YES! I grabbed him & kissed him & kept saying yes. He was all teary eyed & I could not stop laughing. I laugh when I’m nervous. lol

11. When is the Wedding Day? 

January 15, 2012

12. Where is the ceremony and reception? 

Grand Salon Ballroom at the Kilian Palms Country Club

13. What are your wedding colors? 
Black & White Damask with Turquoise accents

14. Where are you honeymooning? 
5 day cruise to Grand Cayman & Jamaica

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far? 
Hmm, I’m really happy so far. But the ones that I have had the most contact with is Cary Diaz Photography (2 photo shoots so far) & Makeup by Claud (done makeup 2 times) I love working with both of them.

16. Biggest wedding splurge? 
The wedding itself. Hubby & I got married through civil court back in 2010. He needed hip surgery & since we had just bought a house together we did not have the $3k his insurance required. We got married on January 15, 2010 just a few months after getting engaged.  We had to move our date up by a lot.
After about a year later we looked at the possibility of having our wedding to share with our families. We went through a lot of financial hardships our first & 2nd year but I thank God for our families. Although times have been tough we have really been blessed.  On January 15, 2012 we will be having the wedding of our dreams to share with those that mean the most. So yes, our biggest wedding splurge is the wedding itself.

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? 

I think it would be a lot of fun to have a photo booth. But really can’t afford that. lol

18. Another Knottie whose wedding you'd like to attend? 

Faiths! She’s having my dream Disney wedding. Hubby & I are huge Disney fans. It’s where we spent our first honeymoon. I can’t wait to see her pictures after her wedding.  It’s going to be Magical!

19. Favorite book? 
I have few books that I really enjoyed but he book that really touched my heart was Night.  A short read but very impactful.

20. Favorite movie? 

All time fave is Dirty Dancing. I have several faves but that is one movie I can watch over and over again.

21. Favorite tv show? 

Several! I love reality TV. Anything on Bravo TV, HGTV & all ghost hunting shows on syfy. I love the Teen mom series on MTV.  Say yes to the dress & Bridezilla. lol

22. Favorite wedding dress designer? 

I don’t think I have one.  But if I had to pick one I would say, Pnina Tornai.

23. Any advice you can give to other Knotties whose big day is coming up?  

There will be a lot of ups & downs during the planning process. Some people you thought would be there for you, won’t & some that you thought wouldn’t, will.  You will learn a lot through this process. Just take each day one at time. Don’t let these things get to you & take over you. It’s just not worth it. I look back at my planning process and see so many times I got mad at for nothing or for reasons that weren’t worth it. At the end of it all, it’s going to go by very quickly. Make it all about you & FI. You & FI are all that matter.

24. Is there anything you wish you could change about your wedding?  

I don’t think I would change a thing. We’ve been very blessed throughout the planning process and we thank God and our parents for that. I’m so grateful to be able to have this wedding to share with our families.

25. Tell us your Knottie name and how you came up with it

Efont – It’s horrible. Lol I joined the knot back in 2008 when I my friend was getting married. I just used my work username not thinking about it all. By the time I got engaged and started planning and posting on the board I was too far in to think about creating a new one. So yeah, my username sucks. Lol

26. Tell us about yourself! 
Well, what else can I say? I always put God first in all of my decisions, or at least try to. I love my life, my family & my dogs.  Through all of the good & bad they have never let me down. I am so thankful for my hubby. He completes me in every way & I wouldn’t want to live a day without him.  I’m a true dog lover & spend my spare time volunteering and working with dog rescues.  Check out one of the pages I volunteer for. www.facebook.com/urgentdogsofmiami   If you are ever looking to adopt a pet feel free to message me on facebook. I can always help.

A big thank you to all my knotties for all of your help & support. You ladies have given me so many ideas & suggestions. I don’t think I could have planned all of it without your help. <<hugs>>

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: The Knottie of the Week is... Emily (efont)!

• Options
    I love your engagement story! Too sweet.

I really liked the book Night as well-- so upsetting but so good. 

I LOVE Ghost Hunters.. I watch and then can't sleep, lol.

We have a lot in common, girlie! I can't wait to hear how the wedding goes and see pictures!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I love this!!!! I agree your engagement was super cute!!! I love the fact that you are getting Married the Same day you legally got married. Claudia is one of my fav vendors too. I can't wait to see the out come of your wedding.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Options
    I love your engagement story.  That was soo cute.  Congrats on your upcoming wedding.  It's getting really close!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Your enagagment story is so cute! I'm glad you are finally getting to have the wedding of your dreams

• Options
    Aww ... I'm so sad your FI had to go through so much, but that is so awesome it worked out 1/15!  A day before my FI's bday.

You will be a capricorn bride!  LoL

Love this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Emily...really enjoyed getting to know you and I am so happy that you are having your dream wedding. 
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies. This was a lot of fun!

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    loved reading all about you!!!  love that you're getting married on your anniversary :)  and i'll have to check out that book!!!  i'm an avid reader!! :):)  your day is SO CLOSE!!!!!  congrats on everything!!!
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards