African American Weddings

My DIY cardbox....opinions please!!

Hey ladies...

This is what I have for my card box thus far....I plan on puting a white flower on top...Anything I should add...honest opinions please...

My opening is crooked its driving me crazy should I redo it? Did u guys notice it??

Re: My DIY cardbox....opinions please!!

• edited December 2011

Very cute didn't even notice it was crooked till you said something. Did you spray paint the boxes?

Anniversary
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You are doing a very nice job.  I didn't notice the crooked opening until you mentioned it as well. I think it would be super cute to add your initials but the box looks great as you have planned.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Its cute the way you have it, PPs suggestions of the initials would be a nice touch!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_diy-cardboxopinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2a74c985-7df8-4cc4-af83-e9ac9d94fbd5Post:e040e95c-f060-40e6-afae-9a4a62a73dc8">Re: My DIY cardbox....opinions please!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its cute the way you have it, PPs suggestions of the initials would be a nice touch!
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

I agree :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • edited December 2011
    I like it. Maybe add a strip of ribbon at the bottom of each box and put the pearls over it. Where'd you get your boxes from?

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

"When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever."

• wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Looks pretty good. I agree with PP's. @brideofTonyP- You can get paper mache boxes at hobby lobby, Michaels, ikea or any craft store. I purchased mine in a 3 pack from Hobby Lobby.
  • MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I purchased the boxes from Hobby Lobby and painted them using acrylic paint...the hardest part was cutting out that darn slit lol

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_diy-cardboxopinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2a74c985-7df8-4cc4-af83-e9ac9d94fbd5Post:24c15a65-a440-4f50-b378-bdd20f488ef7">Re: My DIY cardbox....opinions please!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! I purchased the boxes from Hobby Lobby and painted them using acrylic paint...<strong>the hardest part was cutting out that darn slit</strong> lol
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

I agree that is a hard part. FI took a metal ruller and cut mine. But it is tooooooo cute! How bout some bling? Maybe do your initials in bling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards