Christian Weddings

nu 2 this

hello my name is Nini and im new to all this!  I have a set look for my bridesmaids like nothing too low or showing alot of cleavage... nothing with the back completely out... am I wrong for this? I was polite about it. lol  Im just sayin this is a wedding not the club.. just sayin Smile
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nu 2 this

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I gave the same guidelines to my BMs.  We want our ceremony to be more worship focused than a party, and I just didn't want there to be any "distractions" from that. All of them look beautiful in the dresses they've picked, but they're still modest.
  • Nu BeginningsNu Beginnings member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well thank u for your post... at least im not by myself.. cause i was asked about how specific i was about things lol.
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Nini,

Welcome to the Board!  It's your day and you decide how you want your girls to look!  I picked my bridesmaids dresses out myself that way you dont have to worry about what they choose!  And since its your wedding, they should be ok with that - no questions asked.  I kept their body types in mind when shopping to make sure everyone looked nice, but that was it!

Make sure to introduce yourself on the roll call post too so we can learn a little more about you and  add you to the Knottie of the week list! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nu-2-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:230cf65d-178b-401d-9e62-3c0b406cd82ePost:e996611a-ce37-416a-a9f5-52873276ccce">Re: nu 2 this</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Nini, Welcome to the Board!  It's your day and you decide how you want your girls to look!  I picked my bridesmaids dresses out myself that way you dont have to worry about what they choose!  And since its your wedding, they should be ok with that - no questions asked.  I kept their body types in mind when shopping to make sure everyone looked nice, but that was it!   Make sure to introduce yourself on the roll call post too so we can learn a little more about you and  add you to the Knottie of the week list! 
    Posted by kkidd28[/QUOTE]

This exactly.

I had a lot of busty bridesmaids, and it was important to me that they not be popping out, so I picked their dresses keeping in mind the same guidelines you mentioned. It worked out fine, and they all loved their dresses. :)
    Anniversary
  • Nu BeginningsNu Beginnings member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you for all your support... I have out-of-town BMs and i decided to pick your dressed thru DB b/c they are located here in OK and in TX. I have 3 of them and they are all diffent body types and when they tried on the dress i picked it did not look good at all lol. So i decided to let them pick their dresses long as they follow how i want them to look. I did request that they check with me before they order so i can approve/disapprove. Hope this works out well.
       And to KKIdd thank you for being so inviting and welcome.Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards