• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
January 2010 Weddings

*shazzie*

i totally missed it-where did you end up going on your HM? i remember it was a surprise, but i missed what the surprise ended up being. january knottie FAIL

Re: *shazzie*

• We ended up going to Joilly Beach Resort in Antigua! My suspicions were confirmed. It was lovely :)
  • ::butting in:: How did your DH do with eating GF for the honeymoon? DH and I didn't take ours yet so we can save some money because we paid for most of the wedding and I've just started looking. Was the resort Gluten-friendly or did he have to pick and choose and ask about everything? TIA!
  • Our travel agent notified the resort, and when we went for dinner the first night, Sean met the head chef and every lunch and dinner he got his own specially cooked meal, usually fish or lean protein with some sort of sauce or relish, and fresh vegetables. A couple times he just ordered a burger off the grill with lettuce and no bun. They were very vigilant and kept checking in on us. If Sean had any suspicion, he just wouldn't eat something, but there were always plenty of options to choose from. 

I know the Sandals resorts are very Celiac friendly, so that's something to look into. 
  • ::butting in, too!::  I totally forgot about the surprise honeymoon - glad to hear it went well!
    One of my good friends recently found out she has Celiac's, so I may have some questions for you in the future. :)  Just a head's up! Ashley, are you GF? Or is your H?  How did I miss all this?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • I have celiac's disease, and you probably missed it because I think Shannon and I talked about it on the GIS board and not this one, but I don't quite remember lol. It's good to know that there are big resorts that really take care of special dietary restrictions. YAY! I'm so glad it went well for your DH. 
    Nora - feel free to ask questions, I don't know how much help I can be because I've only been GF for about a year, but I can share what I know. There's also another girl on the GIS board (peaceful meadow I think is her sn) who is GF.
  • Awesome, thanks!  I'm always looking for tips on things to make for her, especially since she's still pretty bummed about the whole thing.  I'm sure I'll have many questions in the future, but for now I'll just file the information away in my mind :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Hey Nora, I'll be happy to give tips and recipe's if you ever need help! FI's been GF for almost 3 years now, and the availability of GF food in the past 3 years has come leaps and bounds!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2010-weddings_shazzie-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:586Discussion:1fb2ec53-3138-4135-9b3c-958f0d77e551Post:a6591293-3dff-4bc4-a878-641d2cef2ee6">Re: *shazzie*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have celiac's disease, and you probably missed it because I think Shannon and I talked about it on the GIS board and not this one, but I don't quite remember lol. It's good to know that there are big resorts that really take care of special dietary restrictions. YAY! I'm so glad it went well for your DH.  Nora - feel free to ask questions, I don't know how much help I can be because I've only been GF for about a year, but I can share what I know. There's also another girl on the GIS board (peaceful meadow I think is her sn) who is GF.
    Posted by musgral8[/QUOTE]

Her name is Gracefulmeadow..shes from CT.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards