Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Under the dress.

So, my dress is supposed to be ready to pick up sometime next month and I'd really like to have my bridal underroos when I go in to try it on (or at least when I make an appointment with Becky).

Thing is, I'm clueless as to what to wear.  Did you just go with a regular strapless bra?  Where did you shop?  I looked around Dillard's but everything was so huge I felt like a 13-year-old raiding my grandma's lingerie drawer.  =(
Anniversary

Re: Under the dress.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore my regular bra because I was just going to have her put cups in mine so I ended up braless anyways. If no cups, I would just get a normal strapless bra unless your dress has a low back. I like the strapless bras at Fredericks of Hollywood.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    SBSmith0219SBSmith0219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    to be perfectly honest with you, my under dress attire consists of spanx and nothing else, my dress fits close enough and my ladies aren't big enough to require a bra. All my pretty stuff, comes when I take the dress off :)

edit: I have cups sewn into my dress too....I forgot that it could be considered a type of undergarments :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had cups sewn in by Becky and also wore a VS strapless bra because I wear heavily padded on a daily basis so I wanted the same look for my wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just had cups sewn in too.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had no idea cups could be sewn in.  That makes things easier.  My girls are quite small, too, so I was kind of hoping I could get away with doing without.  =)
    Anniversary

• Options
    rfahey06rfahey06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just wearing a normal strapless bra. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore a normal strapless bra with mine too.

One peice of advice... don't forget panties.  I did, and it was last minute Walmart run... whoops!
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My "girls" require support...and of course my dress is low-backed (which presented a challenge).
    I found a little bustier at Macy's (had better luck than expected there - Becky is actually stitching it into my dress, too) and am wearing some spanx-like bottoms from VS - it's like a little mini-skirt with panty built in.  I was very happy with the VS find... didn't look in stores, just online.
    Link: http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265437266738&c=Page&cid=1300104433671&pagename=vsdWrapper&search=true
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Was a BM in a recent wedding and the bride was also small and just went without and was fine. I'm going without, but my dress is a tie-up corset style so it keeps eveything where it needs to be. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been wearing long lines my whole life for theater and choir-- I will probably do the same for this since I am amply cursed up top
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I have quite a bit of boobage and have never really been able to wear strapless. When I would try to wear something with a built in bra I would always get a uniboob thing going on. But the cups Becky sewed in worked really well in keeping my girls apart & where they're supposed to be.
    Re: panties. At first I was just gonna wear Spanx so I wouldn't need any panties with that. But I decided that my corset back held me in pretty good so I didn't need the Spanx, so I ended up needing panties. So it depends on if you're wearing Spanx or not!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing maybe a petti (we shall see tomorrow!) and undies! My dress is lined heavily around the area so I'm going to take advantage of it and not wear a bra.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm picking up my dress today! I'm bringing my normal strapless but it has an interior corset and I'm just going to have Becky sew in some cups and get some cute ruffly panties.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards