Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

catering staffing charges

I just got my catering estimate and was surprised to see the $25 per hour staffing charge applied to all 3 catering personnel who will be on site for all 8 hours. I thought we would be charged extra per hour for the bartender only, but is this normal? It makes sense that they all have to be there, but I don't want to be getting overcharged either.

thanks

Re: catering staffing charges

• edited December 2011
    It makes sense. They are covering the salary of each employee. That's not the way all caterers choose to do it (mine just charged a flat 20% service charge) but that doesn't seem unfair.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's normal.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Outrageous but yes its normal

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Mine was $30 per hour per person for 8 hours.

ETA - if they have to be at the venue the whole time wouldn't you think they should be paid?  I know I like to be paid the entire time I'm at work.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards