• Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

Goooooood Morning!

2»

Re: Goooooood Morning!

• Are you icing it Linds? 

I'll actually be covered for the GTG, assuming no sick days between now and then.  I accrue 7 hours a pay period and I have a floating holiday to use as well. 
  • I iced it last night.  I can't at work; and I can't find my brace... F!  If it was a bad crack sound I could very well have done something bad... like breaking my splinter piece or my replacement piece.  I am hoping neither are broken cause if I did, I will either be in surgery within a couple weeks or over the GTG and I dont want that.  I called my knee doc and have an appt next week.  Should be interesting. 
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation
  • Ashley, i worked at a Bath and Body Works during one Christmas season -- it's probably a similar experience. men walking around clueless. i once sold two of those gift basket things (you all probably know what i'm talking about) to the same guy as a gift for the same woman. talk about a confused man. it's kind of hilarious.
    still busy here, wrapping up my to-do list before our trip and WW-related tasks. we are opening a new WW center here, so there have been a lot of trainings and extra things going on.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Morning! I am being all kinds of nonproductive today... I was going to start doing housework but then the mail came and the Kindle I got for DH is here, so I am charging it, setting it up, and loading some books onto it for him so he can use it right away after he opens it.

Linds, I hope your knee starts feeling better and you didn't do anything too bad.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: Goooooood Morning!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goooooood Morning! : We actually have a candle that we call the "Man" candle. It is Midsummer's Night and it is almost a black looking candle that has cologne and patchouli as it's main fragrances. All the guys love that candle and so do a lot of women!
    Posted by AshleyLynnB[/QUOTE]

Midsummer's Night is the only scent YC has ever put out that I abso-freakin-lutely CAN NOT stand.  Ash, do you remember the Rhubarb one?  It was maybe 7ish years ago, but even that one wasnt as bad!  But the Fresh Cut Grass is awesome.  It's one of my favorite early springtime scents!  Oh how I love Yankee Candle...
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
  • Hope your knee isn't badly damaged, Linds!  We need you at the GTG!!
    Colleen, 4 days pay does suck, but I totally know what you mean about having the ability to get so much more done while the hubs is at work. 

funny_zpsd60c785f

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

"...And he just came out of my imaginary birthday cake." -its apelila

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goooooood Morning! : Midsummer's Night is the only scent YC has ever put out that I abso-freakin-lutely CAN NOT stand.  Ash, do you remember the Rhubarb one?  It was maybe 7ish years ago, but even that one wasnt as bad!  But the Fresh Cut Grass is awesome.  It's one of my favorite early springtime scents!  Oh how I love Yankee Candle...
    Posted by its apelila[/QUOTE]

Oh yes I remember the Rubarb candle. We have had some duds over the years but more good than bad. We had this horrible pine candle that smelled like dirty old socks. We had a bet a few years ago who ever sold that candle would get a GC from Starbucks. I sold it to a guy who didn't even want to smell it he just wanted a candle and to be done!

Philip loves the Mid summers night candle but it isn't my kind of scent so he burns it in his man cave. I cannot stand the fresh cut grass candle, just not a fan. :)
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goooooood Morning! : Oh yes I remember the Rubarb candle. We have had some duds over the years but more good than bad. We had this horrible pine candle that smelled like dirty old socks. We had a bet a few years ago who ever sold that candle would get a GC from Starbucks. I sold it to a guy who didn't even want to smell it he just wanted a candle and to be done! Philip loves the Mid summers night candle but it isn't my kind of scent so he burns it in his man cave. I cannot stand the fresh cut grass candle, just not a fan. :)

HA!  That's awesome.. Hey, nobody said he had to smell it first, right?  High five!
    DH mostly loves the vanillas and cookie/dessert scents, like me.  Makes it easy in my house!
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
  • They are retiring one of my favorite scents this year "Almond Cookie". We can never keep that one in stock but for some reason Yankee wants to get rid of it.

I love the Food and Flower scents the most!

People say they have a stash of Yankee in their house but I don't think they are as bad as I am. My whole Linen closet is filled with crates of candles, votives, tarts and accessories. When you open the closet it smells like a Yankee store. :)
    There is not one towel or linen in my linen closet by the way. :)
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

I'm just here catching up on some work since yesterday was so busy. I hope today and the next few days go by quickly. I'm ready for Christmas vacation! I have to work until Friday, and I heard we should get out early. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Linds- I hope your knee is okay, and it's nothing serious
    MB- Shame on you! Also, did I ever tell you that I tried the Carnitas recipe a few weeks ago, and DH really liked it! I had to add more salt and jalapeno for him, but it's definitely a keeperWink

Ash- Boo for working on Christmas Eve. At least it sounds like your shift that day should be interesting.
    Anniversary
  • Great gift Christine!  I love my kindle.

Chrissy, glad the carnitas worked out for you.  D would prefer I add it a touch more jalepeno too but I'm a wimp.  :)
    [QUOTE]They are retiring one of my favorite scents this year "Almond Cookie". We can never keep that one in stock but for some reason Yankee wants to get rid of it. I love the Food and Flower scents the most! People say they have a stash of Yankee in their house but I don't think they are as bad as I am. My whole Linen closet is filled with crates of candles, votives, tarts and accessories. When you open the closet it smells like a Yankee store. :) There is not one towel or linen in my linen closet by the way. :)

Oh no! Almond Cookie is awesome!  I have at least one of those, might be two... I know what you mean about your stash!  I have 13 YC boxes filled to the brims!  And they are currently stuffed under my dining room table because I dont have any room for them elsewhere. 
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
  • so funny story about yankee candle...

we walk in and the salesgirl walks over and was like hi, what are you looking for today?

alex looks at her and was like, um candles?  how much do you sell that you'd ask that question?  

And be glad you only have four days of no pay colleen - we're closed for 12 days after new year's....  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards