Wedding Invitations & Paper

Folks not even giving up addresses?

So I'm not sure if anyone else is having a similar issue.  It's a very few number of people but some folks didn't respond to me when I asked them for their address.  These few know I'm getting married  but since they didn't respond to my email, I'm now thinking twice of even asking them in person again.  One of them is my boss and the other is a person that works in another department who is sort of a boss but indirectly.  I can understand their decline but they didn't respond at all.  I also have a long time friend that didn't respond and I asked him by email twice - so I'm eliminating that one... but for the pepople I have to work with... it's akward now.  What do you guys think?  

Re: Folks not even giving up addresses?

• Give them a last call. I have (2) people that are moving so said they don't need a save the date but they will update me before invites go out in the Winter. Then we have (3) missing addresses, one on FI's side his mom needs to hunt down and (2) on my side that I am trying to get from one of them on facebook, she told me whatever addresses her grandmother did not give me she would get me but she answers mostly on her phone. I asked her twice last week, so now it's just wait and wait.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • What about using whitepages.com or some other similar people search?  You may be able to find their address without their help even.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you can't find their addresses and they won't give you one, but you still want to invite them, I would just hand-deliver it or mail it to them at the office.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_folks-not-even-giving-up-addresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:94fb1a13-b6e0-4d42-afba-161990cecda2Post:719a9b60-4d2b-4d72-8108-578e1801e019">Re: Folks not even giving up addresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about using whitepages.com or some other similar people search?  You may be able to find their address without their help even.
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

DITTO ON THIS. 

When I was trying to locate classmates for the 30th reunion, I went this route.
  • It's not necessarily the lack of address that I'm concerned about.  It's that perhaps they are trying to already decline.  I think as brides we assume everyone should get an invitation regardless and some folks don't want anything to do with weddings at all.  I can completely relate to that as I personally don't like weddings and didn't think I'd ever be planning one of my own.

• If I made every attempt to get your address and I dont have them then I cannot invite you. Plain and simple. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_folks-not-even-giving-up-addresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:94fb1a13-b6e0-4d42-afba-161990cecda2Post:839dfcf5-b5c1-499f-93db-21acd7698488">Re: Folks not even giving up addresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not necessarily the lack of address that I'm concerned about.  It's that perhaps they are trying to already decline.  I think as brides we assume everyone should get an invitation regardless and some folks don't want anything to do with weddings at all.  I can completely relate to that as I personally don't like weddings and didn't think I'd ever be planning one of my own.
    Posted by thesupernovagirl[/QUOTE]

People are busy and they forget things.  Just because they haven't given you their address doesn't mean that they don't want to be invited.  Send them an invitation and let them officially decline if they wish to do so.

There are 2 ways this can happen.  They either want to come or they don't.  If they don't want to come, they likely won't be upset to receive an invitation and RSVP no.  However, if they are interested in attending and have been lead to believe that they will be invited, it would be quite rude to not send them an invitation.  I hope that makes sense.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • For the boss I would send another email asking for an address or asking if they want the invite mailed to work.  I was never comfortable knowing my boss's address so I would mail the invite to work but that is me. 

Everyone else I have decided that I will ask via email 2 times for their address and once via phone and if they don't give it (or no one else can get it for me) then I can't invite them.  

• I'm going through this right now.  I'll be sending out STD for the addresses that I have. The thing is the people that I don't have addresses for are friends of my FI's family and my family so I've enlisted the help of my mom and my FMIL to get those last few.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards