Ohio-Columbus

FOSL Ladies

For those of you who used FOSL, what were your price quotes (if you don't mind sharing). I got a quote from FOOL and it ended up being INSANE (3,600!!) for my flowers and I have no idea what to expect. If you could help a girl out, that would be awesome. What was your price for your flowers and what were your numbers for everythign that you had (bouts, bouquets, centerpieces etc). I am trying not to freak out about the price of flowers, but I have no idea what to expect, especially when so many people have said that FOOL is decently priced.
I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

Re: FOSL Ladies

• edited December 2011
    I am using roses, hydrangeas, and lilies.
     here is the run down of my order
    1- bride boquet
    4 bridesmaids boquet
    1- toss
    14- boutonnieres
    7- flowers for mothers, grandmothes and guest book
    2- alter arrangements
    10- centerpieces (small simple)
    1- flowers for cake
    Total $1023.73

• edited December 2011
    When I heard that FOOL had a minimum of $2500 for 2011 weddings, I didn't even bother to contact them.  I know that they're highly recommended, but I'm sorry, that's just way too expensive for me.  I'm having:

1 - bridal bouquet (white roses, cymbidium orchids, rununculus)
    5 - bridesmaids bouquets (pink roses) 
    11 - boutonnieres (pink roses, white for the groom)
    2 - corsages (pink spray roses)
    7 - tall centerpieces (soft pink roses and cream hydrangeas)
    8 - short centerpieces (same)
    1 - arch decoration (roses, hydrangeas, lilies, stock, and some other stuff)
    1 - cake topper

With delivery fee and tax it came to $1200.  The tall centerpieces is what made the price go up, but compared to other companies FOSL was definitely the best choice.  Let me know if you want me to PM you with the breakdown cost of all of the flowers.
  • osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was what our estimate was from FOOL, too! Right at $3600. It seemed a bit ridiculous, but I haven't met with anyone else yet to have a comparison price. Our planner said FOOL was usually one of the most reasonable, but I didn't think so by any means.

My order list is almost identical to kiya's btw
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG those ladies at FOOL are crazy! I wonder why their prices are so high... I had no idea that florists could have a minimum like that... is that normal? My first impressions of FOOL weren't that great anyway. I ended up having to wait 45 minutes past my appointment time because the appointment before me ran over, and it would have gone over more probably had I not mentioned that the Mercedes (which was their car) out front was getting ticketed.

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    You could really save a fortune doing it yourself. If you don't have the time or want to, Sue Rouda at Sams Club or Costco (can't remember) did flowers at a wedding in June.  Here's a couple pictures I have from it. I'm not sure how much they cost, but it would be worth looking into. She seemed pretty nice for the couple minutes I talked to her. Let me know if you'd like her contact info.

I think I'm going to do something kind of like this for my wedding. www.oncewed.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/diy_june16_11.jpg">imagewww.oncewed.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/diy_june16_11.jpg" alt="diy-tissue-paper-wedding-flowers" title="diy-tissue-paper-wedding-flowers" width="600" height="840" />

• AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a quote from FOSL and was so confused because everyone on here always says how they have really good prices and my quote I got was like $1600 - when I had told them at the beginning I was on a budget. My quote didn't even include centerpieces either!! You should try to check out Kelly Karsten or Hilliard Floral. I'm using Kelly for my wedding and her prices are really good and my friend used Hilliard Floral and their prices aren't too bad. I also heard the Robin Nest up near Sawmil has good prices.
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out The Flower Guy. It is a Do It yourself place but a friend of mine did it and they made it part of the festivities the day before with all the bridesmaids etc. there. Her photog even went and took pics for an hour too. She spent about $1300 and had 14 centerpieces of white cala lillies plus all the other stuff. Very expensive flowers and she had a TON of them. Google them, I think they are in Gahana or New Albany. ?
    Anniversary
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my quote from FOSL. Those ladies are AMAZING and so sweet. I am still waiting on a few more quotes, but so far they are in the lead!
    So YAY. :-)

FOR SALE!!.

• mandriettimandrietti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with florists last weekend and am making my final decision this week.  Here's who I saw:

FOOL - estimate about $5600
    FOSL - estimate about $3900
    Bella Couture Events (Tara Wanner) - estimate about $6000
    Elegant Touch Events - estimate over email $5500

I know the prices seem high but we have 14 maids and groomsmen alone and over 250 guests and 32 tables worth of centerpieces which really added up.  Our budget is about $4000 so FOSL would be the logical choice, but I'm just so in love with FOOL's work that I can't decide. Tara was a little too modern for me (so sweet though!) and Elegant Touch didn't impress me.  I think FOOL's work is a little more intricate than what FOSL can do, however I loved Anne and Robin and they had fabulous ideas.  I was just concerned to not use a full-service flower shop with our size of event, however the price difference between FOOL and FOSL is pretty big.  I would have some wiggle room to add in more using FOSL as well. 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards