Moms and Maids
Options

Opinion (Retreadbride's especially)

Hey, Retreadbride, you posted this on another thread:

Who are they, and what do they mean to you? Ask them to be in the wedding party, or make them guests.

If they're deceased....tread carefully here. Memorials can be lovely to the couple, but a dreadful shock to other family members who arrive at the wedding (joyous occasion) and are suddenly confronted with an unexpected reminder of their grief.

I would like knottie's opinions on something along these lines.  I am putting wedding photos of past generations on display at my wedding with a little tag that says who they are and their wedding date.  My only living Grandparent (my Grandma) will be there, and I was planning on using her wedding photo as well as her parents.  She took the death of my Grandfather very hard, do you think this is in poor taste to display these photos?  She has her wedding photo and a navy photo of my Grandpa on display in her own livingroom, so I didn't think it would be a huge deal.  What do you all think?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Opinion (Retreadbride's especially)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should ask her about it, personally. How she chooses to remember him on a day to day basis in her own home is very different than how she may choose to remember him during an emotional, public occasion.
    meet annie! rescued 6.17.12 imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask her.  I would also pitch your idea to other close family membes and guage their responses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely ask her first before using pics of their wedding. I don't see any problem with perhaps carrying a little picture of your grandparents in your pocket or purse or in a locket on your wedding day. Or you could see if there is something from one of your deceased grandparents that you could incorporate or wear on your wedding day. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your idea is wonderful. Just ask your grandmother for permission to display her wedding portrait, no surprises. Let us know what she says. I'll bet she will be delighted.

• Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_opinion-retreadbrides-especially?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:ee536b62-0f6d-45a7-a6e9-6f2e25a37dd5Post:a662a41f-f502-4912-933a-9a039b5e84c3">Opinion (Retreadbride's especially)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, Retreadbride, you posted this on another thread: Who are they, and what do they mean to you? Ask them to be in the wedding party, or make them guests. If they're deceased....tread carefully here. Memorials can be lovely to the couple, but a dreadful shock to other family members who arrive at the wedding (joyous occasion) and are suddenly confronted with an unexpected reminder of their grief. I would like knottie's opinions on something along these lines.  I am putting wedding photos of past generations on display at my wedding with a little tag that says who they are and their wedding date.  My only living Grandparent (my Grandma) will be there, and I was planning on using her wedding photo as well as her parents.  She took the death of my Grandfather very hard, do you think this is in poor taste to display these photos?  She has her wedding photo and a navy photo of my Grandpa on display in her own livingroom, so I didn't think it would be a huge deal.  What do you all think?
    Posted by jcamm11[/QUOTE]

Only your grandmother can answer this question.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards