North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

BBQ Catering - Durham

Hello Ladies,

FI and I are getting married in Durham, April 2012.
Can anyone recommend a BBQ caterer?

We tried Q shack and were not impressed.
We have talked to a few local places, but so far no one will be able to provide a bar tender.  We are having Wine and Beer, and need a server for that.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Tracy

Re: BBQ Catering - Durham

• edited December 2011
    There is a new guy in Fuquay-Varina.  He just started earlier this year and there isn't a whole lot on him but he cooks the best BBQ.  He did my sister's wedding and some shows at a Vineyard I'm going to get married at.  you can email me at toosweet4u31890 at yahoo dot com.  i have his number somewhere.
  • Sorry to break it to you, but you may have to find a separate source for wine/beer service. The Q Shack is the only BBQ joint around that serves beer that I know of (I'm a lifelong Durhamite), as many of them are family-owned restaurants that don't stay open late. Q Shack has great brisket, but their pork has never been my favorite. Hog Heaven definitely does catering, as another option. I also love Backyard Barbecue out in RTP, and their website says that they do catering. Good luck! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_bbq-catering-durham?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:606Discussion:92cf8ebf-6d7b-4d8f-8593-137c774c8d79Post:f848ee30-d422-473a-ab77-c62ba6ee20de">Re: BBQ Catering - Durham</a>:
    Try Hog Heaven.  I am still researching, but they look very reasonable, and they mention bartending services.
    [QUOTE]Sorry to break it to you, but you may have to find a separate source for wine/beer service. The Q Shack is the only BBQ joint around that serves beer that I know of (I'm a lifelong Durhamite), as many of them are family-owned restaurants that don't stay open late. Q Shack has great brisket, but their pork has never been my favorite. Hog Heaven definitely does catering, as another option. I also love Backyard Barbecue out in RTP, and their website says that they do catering. Good luck! 
    Posted by a1littlebit[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards