Destination Weddings Discussions

Confession Thursday!

It's Thursday Ladies!  Let's hear those confessions :)
Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary

Re: Confession Thursday!

• I confess that I am SUPER nervous about meeting our Foreign exchange student today!  I need to pick her up from the airport this afternoon and she will be staying with us for the next 3 weeks.

I also confess that I am starting to feel super sad about most of my close family not attending the wedding... I expected my family to not fully embrace the idea of a destination wedding, but there were some people that I thought would be there that aren't going...specifically my two cousins, and aunt... they are like sisters to me and my aunt practically raised me with my mom and I found out yesterday they aren't coming to the wedding.  The thing that kills me is that it's not because of financial reasons it's because they want to take a different vacation and can't get time off of work for both!  REALLY?!?!?  They can't do the other vacation next year??  It just makes me sad....

Anniversary
  • Jen- That does stink.  I'm surprised they wouldn't push their vacation back. I'm sorry!

I confess that I'm going crazy! I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time.  But on top of that, I'm worried about my dress.  I have another fitting on Saturday and it has to be done since we're leaving the following Friday.  I'm afraid it isn't tight enough and might slip, I guess I'll just buy tape.

DW Siggy Challenge: Table Numbers-Jimmy Buffet Songs
    imageAnniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Oh Jen I'm sorry. That is disappointing! Good luck with your exchange student! I confess that I am mad, upset, disappointed, or hurt (not sure which one) that my XH is remodeling my old house. We discussed doing all the things he's doing, roof, windows, siding and stone, after we were married. The plans were to do them in the early future. He's doing EXACTLY they way I wanted it. We bought the house when I was 25 so it was a big accomplishment for me and I LOVE the house but couldn't afford it on my own. It sucks because we are friends and he lives by my XSIL so I will probably eventually see it. I know it will make me sad. I live in FIs grandparents house now so nothing is how I would envision my house so I think that's why I'm bothered by this so much.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Angela... good luck on the fitting... hopefully your dress will be tight enough...  It should fit you like a glove.. and I can not believe you are getting married in 2 weeks!!

Jenn - I think I would have all those same emotions... I think it's normal...especially since you don't have your current house set the way you would want it. 

Anniversary
  • Jenn- I think I would feel the same way.  It hurts seeing someone else doing what you planned, especially when you're not loving what you have now.  Maybe he'll doing something weird with it and you won't end up liking it at all!

Jen- I'm hoping I'm just being silly and it fits fine but we'll see.  I have another vent coming on Saturday if not!

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Angela I can't believe your gettig married in 2 weeks! OMG!! I'm sure your dress will look awesome on Saturday! I can't wait to see pics.
  • I can't either!!! We leave in a week and I just made out four lists of stuff so I don't forget anything haha

• Jen - I'm so sorry, I'd be upset too :(
    Angela - I'm sure it will be gorgeous! You are so close! Very exciting!
    Jenn - I would be sad too, but I'm sure one day you will have YOUR house just the way you want it!

I don't want to start a discussion here at all, but I confess that I was sad today when I went to Planned Parenthood. I need some birth control pills and  I saw online that they had a PP near my work, so I went on my lunch break. When I got there, there were a few women with signs by the door protesting. When I got inside it was all secured, you had to speak with them using a phone. When I told her I was there for pills she said that they don't sell them there, they are an abortion clinic. Those words just made me sad and i had this weird feeling in my stomach. Idk why, I'm pro choice (in most cases). It just me me sad :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess I miss you guys! And our ahr is in a few Weeks and i'm so not looking forward to it. Its not where we live so i'm leaving work an hour early to rush to the airport Fri evening. Then sat is the reception, Sunday we leave.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I confess I miss you guys! And our ahr is in a few Weeks and i'm so not looking forward to it. Its not where we live so i'm leaving work an hour early to rush to the airport Fri evening. Then sat is the reception, Sunday we leave.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I confess that my stepmom wanted to show us pictures of their trip that my parents just went on so she logged into her FB account on my phone.  Out of curiosity, I went to my step sisters page and found out that she is friends with FI's XW and it pisses me off.

I also confess that I feel like I am being a high schooler with all of the stupid crap that is bothering me, (like this confession and yesterday's WTF).

Jenn - I feel the same way that you do.  I had wanted to do things with the house the XH and I owned together, but nothing ever got accomplished.  Now I hear all kinds of things that they are doing to the house.  But then I think about how lucky I am that we didn't get any loans or anything to do stuff because then I would be on the hook for some of that stuff.  Plus I also think about how much happier I am with FI.  :)
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I confess that I am getting really annoyed of how many RSVP's are still out there and we sent the invites a month ago. Why oh why must people make me wait ???

Happy almost weekend =)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Cathy I would've looked too and then I'd be pissed as well! ; ) Erin that is so annoying, why do people wait so long.
  • I confess I was ready to punch FI in the face last night (or take an ice scrapper to it!) haha. That man still did not get in any sort of contact with his uncle who will be marrying us in DR with less than 7 months to go at this point. Everytime I talked to him about it he said he was going to do it, or text him, or blah blah blah. His room will be taken care of because our resort has a special: book 5 get 1 free, so we will use one of the free rooms for him and his wife. I am just conccerned with them waiting any longer on the tickets. 

So last night I cornered him and made him send a text message at least. I forgot to even ask if he has replied yet. 

Other confession: I think instead of the Knottie Knot....we should all take a pic with an ice scrapper. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Haha!!! That can be the winter knottie knott!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards