Virginia

Vendors in The fredericksburg area?

Hello, I'm new to this board. I live in Fredericksburg and my fiance and I are getting married in November. We have the church, but no reception site, or vendors.

We are trying to be as cost effective as possible, so does anyone know of any good vendors or reception only sites that are cheap in the surrounding areas?

Re: Vendors in The fredericksburg area?

• edited December 2011
    robbiehickman.com photographer based in va beach but travels across the state. very reasonable packages
  • rmichalakrmichalak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Enchanted Florist for our church flowers, she is in Stafford off of 610. I'm also using Mike Topham for our photographer, he is farther south, but will travel.
    Rebecca & Matt...June 26, 2010 My Bio
  • scoettoscoetto member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also want to try the DC board, there are ladies there that could probably help you as well. My photog is out of Chantilly. www.muckenhirnphotography.com
  • anastasia80anastasia80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For photography, try looking at Ferry Huang Photography: http://www.ferryhuangphotography.com
    Packages are very affordable. 
    For florist I had actually hired a friend of the family, but she had moved away.
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful Flowers by Amy is who I'm using for my florist - she's in Stafford.  She's enthusiastic, LOVES what she does, knows her stuff and she's very affordable.  I found her on here - someone else recommended her, but I don't remember who. 

My DJ (Shewsical Entertainment) and photographer (Chris Le Photography) are both from MD, but I'm getting married in Remington, VA at the Inn at Kelly's Ford. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You can get married at the vineyard in Heartfield; up 17 a ways, it's on the right. It's owned by a really nice elderly couple. I'm not sure about the cost, but considering how often they recommended we come and have picnics (with or without buying any wine from them) I can't imagine it's too terribly expensive. I don't know how nice it'd be in November, though.
    There's the Gauntlet golf course that's part of Curtis memorial park. I think they're room rentals are around $300 + catering (hors d'oeuvres packages are around $19/person).
    If you're trying to get a cheap photographer, I'd recommend going to the college, talking to the art professors, and seeing if you can get a senior photography major for free/cheap to bolster their portfolio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards