Moms and Maids

Where to buy bridesmaids shoes

Hi everybody...I'm looking to buy a nice shoe for my bridesmaids as their shoe for the wedding and as their gift (e.g. Badgley Mischka)...does anybody know of ways that I could buy them at a discount since I'll be buying multiple shoes at one time?

Thanks!

Re: Where to buy bridesmaids shoes

• aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really against having the bridesmaids all wear a specific shoe, because it's a really tiny detail and a MASSIVE part of the girl's comfort for the day.  I've heard of people needing surgery because of a pair of bridesmaid shoes.  It's a huge inconvenience for practically no return.

A better course of action would be to let them select their own shoes for the wedding, and for the ones who are into designer shoes, you can get them a gift card to a place that sells them and let them choose their own.  Something to wear in your wedding is not a gift to them.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Aerin.  I think it's sweet that you want to give them designer shoes, but shoes aren't like other clothes - fit and comfort aren't guaranteed because everyone has different feet.  I like the gift card suggestion.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • spackers530spackers530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I appreciate the input, the reason I"m doing this is b/c my bridesmaids were with me when we decided on the dress and they were actually the ones who decided it would look better if everyone wore the same shoe...so I figured rather than having everyone spend their own money on a shoe I would buy a shoe for them that I know they would all be thrilled to wear again (I know they all have interest in certain designer shoes)...I actually do want their input and wouldn't just buy them a shoe without their opinion...it won't be the only "gift" I get them either...but anyways, if anyone knows of ways to buy designer shoes a little bit cheaper I'd still like the suggestion...thanks
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can go to websites like Endless or Zappos that often have great sales.

However before you buy, make sure that they know what size they'd wear in that designer.

And just in case you have any pregnant bridesmaids, don't buy until it's close to the wedding.  My feet changed size at the 6 mo mark.   I went from an 8.5 to a 9.5 in what felt like 10 hours.
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I found my wedding shoes (badgley mischka) on bloomingdales online for less than zappos.  About $60 less. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • michelle227michelle227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend Zappos, I just ordered 5 pairs of potential wedding shoes from there.  The customer service was very helpful in assisting me with returns and re-ordering some of the shoes in a different size.  So far, everything has gone really smoothly.  And I was super impressed that I placed the order late Monday night and the shoes were delivered to me today!

Bluefly is another option.  
  • edited December 2011
  • casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand why so many people feel the need to bash other's ideas. OP wasn't asking for opinions on whether or not she should get BM's matching shoes...she was simply asking for ideas on where to get them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_buy-bridesmaids-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:7fa34d5c-3f10-485f-b1e9-c78c2cf1a46cPost:f86ceac7-b002-499d-bd10-1d60d7d4513e">Re: Where to buy bridesmaids shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand why so many people feel the need to bash other's ideas. OP wasn't asking for opinions on whether or not she should get BM's matching shoes...she was simply asking for ideas on where to get them.
    Posted by casims3[/QUOTE]
    She may not have realized why it's not a great idea to buy shoes in the first place, so people are pointing it out to her.  She can take or leave the advice--but what doesn't need to happen is YOU bashing people for bringing up some legitimate POVs.<div>
    </div><div>OP, I would suggest a shopping trip with your BMs to DSW or Off Broadway and have them try on the shoes/pick them out.  Otherwise you run the risk that you spent a good chunk of money on shoes that will only be worn for 20 minutes and then never again, and I wouldn't want to waste money like that over a small detail that no one, including you, will notice.</div>
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards