Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

FALL Color help!

We are having a fall themed wedding, and so far we have Apple Red for a color.  How many colors should you have?  What are your ideas of other fall colors that would go well??? And where do you put them??  The dresses are apple

Re: FALL Color help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in November and our colors are dark red and burnt orange. We are also throwing in other fall colors like yellow and chocolate brown as accents with our flowers and centerpieces.

I think most people have one or two colors, but I have been to weddings where they have several, or where they have several shades of one color as a theme. It's up to you!
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that most people usually have 2-3 colors, but you can have whatever you like! I am having 4 colors myself (antique pink, cream, green, brown). I think that brown and/or ivory would look nice with apple red, or maybe even black or a light green. Don't know if it will help, but taking a trip to Michaels could be beneficial. They have TONS of flowers and arrangements in beautiful fall flowers. It might give you some inspiration for colors. 

Where do you put them... that is entirely up to you. Most people put them in their bridesmaid dresses, flowers, linens, invitations/programs, and cake. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in two weeks (eek!) and our colors are slate gray, with accents of orange, deep plum, ivory and gold. I think rather than just picking like two colors for the whole day, it makes more sense to pick a sort of palette and go from there. I guess our two main colors are gray and orange, though.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE fall colors... which is good since my wedding is in 10 days ;-)

Personally, I'm doing burnt orange, chartreuse green, and plum... almost the jewel-tone end of the fall color spectrum. If you want apple red, though, I would go for a much more straighforward fall theme - a rusty orange (make sure it's light enough to not clash with the red... sometimes really dark burnt orange looks terrible with red) and then maybe a really dark brown.

Oh, and unless you have your heart set on a bright white dress, I would recommend swapping everything white out with a nice warm ivory.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also a fall bride! (LOVE fall!) My wedding is Nov 13 - our colors are apricot orange, chocolate brown with hints of cranberry - my bio has examples of how I used those colors :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto.  We're getting married in November.  We're using burnt orange, chocolate brown and purple. You can see my bio for the colors together.

I wouldn't do more than 2-3 colors if you want to keep it looking like a 'theme."
  • Options
    Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing apple red too, and thats it.  But I'm a matchy matchy kinda person.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    AmberRose16AmberRose16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wedding will be next September and we decided on chocolate dresses and yellows, reds and oranges for our flowers. I absolutely LOVE fall! I'm super excited to pick out all of the decorations. I plan on shopping around after the season is over this year to try to find some good deals.

• Options
    dream2011dream2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are also in October and we are doing jewel toned colors.
    Dark reds, dark purples, white and black.

You could do different shades of red and add brown's, oranges, cream, ivory, green. My sister also got married in Oct and she did red as her main color with different shades of red, burnt orange, ivory and had green orchids as her hint of color.

HTH Good luck Laughing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much ladies! this totally helps! i was thinking i liked the burnt orange, and some browns.  I also like gold?????
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am personally not an apple red fan because it seems so over done but that is just me so frankly that doesn't really matter. We got married Sept '09 and found these awesome black/bronze damask BM dresses. We just kind of went from there. We used burnt orange and a dark rusty red too. I fell in love with bronze while planning our wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_fall-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b900071f-78ca-4a13-9962-b7b70966f88bPost:6c27f41d-2911-46c4-9e05-7a6d8fd953e3">Re: FALL Color help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto.  We're getting married in November.  We're using burnt orange, chocolate brown and purple. You can see my bio for the colors together. I wouldn't do more than 2-3 colors if you want to keep it looking like a 'theme."
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Dying over the orange with purple lately! I can't wait to see photos!
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did fall colors (mainly chocolate brown and orange with some red and a bit of yellow).  I have lots of examples in my bio and my siggy pic is of our cake.
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for gold! :) It'll look stunning with the red, but be careful it's not too U of M, you know?
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards