Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Plan in 6 weeks?

Hi ladies, More advice needed. My fiance found out on Sunday that he may not be able to come back for the wedding in August (he's in the military). We don't know anything for sure yet, but, that's what it's looking like it will be. We have a few options, one being going to the courthouse, but I just dont think I'd be happy with that in the end Another option I've been toying with the last few days is having the wedding in December (probably the 26th). He gets an 8 day leave then, and our families would be together anyway for the holidays. Do you think it's possible to plan a wedding in 6 weeks? Any advice?

Re: Plan in 6 weeks?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend Margo at Fairytale Events.  Most people think that adding a wedding planner in to the mix will cost lots more money but at the same time it will take the stress off of you.  She also can negotiate pricing for you.  Which in turn could save you money.  I have worked with her on the vendor side.  She is very prompt and knows her stuff.  Check her out!   http://www.fairytaleeventsne.com/
  • Options
    akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since it is the off-season for weddings at that time, I think you would be able to do it. Some vendors also offer discounts during the off-wedding months, so you may be able to save some money by having it then. Let us know if you need any recommendations!
  • Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's completely possible depending on how flexible you are with dates and times and how big your guest list is (and what percent is out of town).  And as long as you realize that a lot of your guests may already have holiday plans and might not be able to come.A good place to start for locations is:[url]www.tinyurl.com/halllist[/url]Marcia is also a wedding day planner you could contact at:402-770-6090perfectdayplanning@gmail.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in a similar situation...we ended up getting married at the courthouse with only family there, however, I wanted the big white wedding.  We decided to still go ahead and do a regular wedding about a year after the courthouse :)
    K Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using an event planner for my wedding, simply because I was in corporate event planning for 7 years, but I strongly agree with the earlier post. As an event planner they do have the ability to give you discounted rates and work out deals that you may not be entitled to. In addition, they have lots of ideas and experience. You may not be able to gather all of the ideas. tips and advice in a short time to pull off the wedding you want. So, I would recomend calling to talk to her, she could potentially just take over the booking of vendors or the reception portion. They can be as involved or uninvolved as you wish. See if it makes sense and what the price difference would be with/without her help. I wish you the best!
  • Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the knot ate my response with the new changes but I said that I hope things work out and you should let us know if you need help.

Also, thanks to your FI for his service!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!  As of right now, December is a no go, but we are hoping and praying for March 6th!  It's still not a lot of time but definately do-able! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards