Missouri-St Louis

indoor ideas for wedding pictures st. louis

I am getting married in November and we are doing pictures before the ceremony but the place we are having the ceremony and reception doesn't have many places for "good" pictures.  I am trying to find somewhere that is pretty inside and isn't too far from South County.  I have thought about Botanical Gardens and Jewel Box but our wedding date is very popular (11/11/11) and I am pretty sure they will already have ceremonies going on.  I would appreciate any suggestions!

Re: indoor ideas for wedding pictures st. louis

• edited December 2011
    Even if the Botanical Gardens have weddings going on you can book it to just do pictures if you're a member.

BUT There are also fun opportunities at places like the Science Center, the Butterfly House in Chesterfield (it is a bit far), lots of vintage hotels, or even something that is special to you guys- love indie flicks?  Maybe hit up the Hi Pointe or the Tivoli.  Hipster bar hoppers?  Moonlight Lounge and Hotel on the Loop would be fun.  What do you guys like?
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Cipolla2BeCipolla2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For inside locations I would recommend Union Station.  That entire building has great architecture inside and high ceilings so there is a lot of natural light.  And there are 2 levels so you can get different backgrounds/surroundings if you wanted. 

The lobby of the west end city apartments on union blvd is gorgeous!  high ceilings, great light fixtures, and an old classic style black and white checkered floor (very vintage feel). 

I know it may be chilly but I would also recommend city garden.  Lots of different surroundings and very modern feel. 

The hotel lobby of the drury inn downtown located on N. Broadway also has a very elegant hotel lobby and a huge crystal chandelier.  Also an old fashioned turning door and vintage style furniture.  If you call ahead and ask to use their lobby they are more than nice about it.  I have done it before.

The building where Vin de Set is located is very cool.  The downstairs area has old murals painted on the brick and they have a rooftop deck with views of the arch. 

Hope those help!
  • Cipolla2BeCipolla2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and the inside of Blueberry Hill would be very cool!  One side has large windows and open space (by the vintage video games) and the other side has cute antique wooden booths and lots of cool stuff on the walls.  And the waiting area of Mosaic on Washington Ave has a very colorful "mosaic" tiled wall that looks cool. They are also very cool about letting you photograph there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards