Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Torn between two dresses!!!

Ok, I've been on the ultimate wedding dress quest, and am totally torn between two dresses. Since they both go on sale in two weeks, I want to make my decision by then to get a great deal... (they're about the same in price.)

1. Very classic - makes my waist look TINY (probably the best dress on my figure), beautiful embroidery on satin, strapless. Definitely so classic it's not something you'd ever regret. Full skirt.

2. Much more opulent. Little cap sleeves. Beading, embroidery, sparkle, full skirt. Since my groom is indian and will wear his traditional sherwani (a beautiful embroidered, silk jacket), it might be better to go more opulent so he doesn't upstage me! A bit worried it might be TOO much, but this is actually the only dress that when I tried it on, I got tears in my eyes.

Any thoughts?

:)
Fancy Fiancee

Re: Torn between two dresses!!!

• edited December 2011
    Sounds like you should go with number 2 since you got teary eyed with that one!
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have any photos?  That might help us help you.
  • edited December 2011
    they both had a no photos policy unfortunately :(
  • edited December 2011
    Do you at least know names/designers?  (You should be able to get those, if they didn't give them to you I would call back and ask.  This is a total aside, but if they are not willing to even tell you the dresses and designers so you can either look up photos or shop around it is technically illegal; some stoes cut the tags out of dresses to prevent you from shoping around like this - it's super shady, I wouldn't buy from the store if you were not allowed to know what dresses you were trying on.  OK, rant over)

Without any visual at all on what the dresses actually look like or which one might be more flattering on  you, it sounds like you had a "Say Yes to the Dress" moment about dres #2.  Go with your gut :)
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They usually write all of the info down for you so you can think about it at home.  I'm also pressing this because I want to see pics :)

I'm definitely not the teary eyed type of girl but I knew my dress when I started making silly dance poses with the goofiest smile on my face (my equivalent to tears).  Go with your gut...sounds like #2 might be your dress!
    Photobucket
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yah, I'd say #2. I didn't get teary eyed with mine, but I refused to take it off, and pranced around the store like I was a 5 year old girl with a new Easter dress and patten leather mary janes (actually it was more like that Easter when I was probably about 7).
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I feel like it might be #2 - just because I haven't had a reaction like that to the other dress (or any other dress!) I'm just getting confused bc the first one probably looks better on my body, which is why my mom and sister like it - but once we get everything fitted, right size, etc, I'm sure that'll be true for the other one too, right? :)

I'm working on getting pics - the one sales girl caved and let me snap some pictures (secretly) when I went back to see it a 2nd time, so I'll try to at least get an online pic of the other one tonight!
  • edited December 2011

It wound up being the 2nd one! Now to decide a veil...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards