Getting in Shape
Options

in shape.. on accident?

So my job started doing the Biggest Loser in April of 2012.. well i signed up not thinking i'd actually stick to it... but it turns out I won, down now 55lbs. I am getting married in March 2013.... and already purchased my dress in fear that it would take forever to come in, well it didn't take too long, and now it doesn't fit, not even close. It's so large on me that even when it's pulled in, it's still loose! My seamstress told me she could cut the dress and put it back together, but it's a huge project, and if I lose more weight it might not hold it.. she suggested to get a new dress come November/ December... but is that too close to a March wedding? I don't want to be dress-less in the long run...

also the weight has been falling off due to weight watchers. it's really changed my life!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: in shape.. on accident?

• Options
    Congratulations on your success! Keep at it you have proven you can do this!
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!  That is an amazing! 
    Visit The Knot! "Oh, thinkin' about all our younger years There was only you and me We were young and wild and free Now nothin' can take you away from me"
  • Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Options
    That is awesome!  I am doing weight watchers as well!  I have about 15 lbs to my life time goal but I am wanting to lose more than that.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How long did it take for your original dress to come in?  I think November is cutting it way too close for a March wedding unless you plan on getting somethig from David's Bridal or off the rack.  Most shops say 6-9 months.

• Options
    Congratulations!  You are incredible and should be very proud of yourself!  As someone who struggles with weight loss, you really inspired me to keep working hard!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks everyone !!! My first dress was from AA and it came in in 2 weeks. My mom is so prod of me she said she would buy my next dress which I will probably get from David's bridal... Hoping November will be enough time !!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow that's a huge accomplishment and you should be really proud--keep up the great work!  Definitely sounds like you'll need a new dress, but you need to determine how much more you really want to lose and whats realistic to determine when you really need to have a new dress in.

Have you been on weight watchers the whole time or how did you go about losing 55 pounds in <4 months?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards