Florida-North Florida

I GOT THE JOB!!!!

I just got offered a job at FSU.  I'm so excited!  I've been unemployed for two months now and it will be great to go back to work.

Re: I GOT THE JOB!!!!

• christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! When do you start? Will you be able to take days off for the HM?
  • edited December 2011
    Thats AWESOME!!!   Yay, you!!!   I hate job hunting!  Celebrate!!!
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_got-job?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:322bee04-1ae5-4b11-90ad-1b72700e5d9aPost:891522f0-ccb9-496a-a937-d7e3b32e43f7">Re: I GOT THE JOB!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!!! When do you start? Will you be able to take days off for the HM?
    Posted by christinalau[/QUOTE]

I start Monday.  I haven't talked to them about the honeymoon.  I'm a little scared to because I'm worried they're going to say I can't get the time off and then I'm going to have to quit.
  • pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the job! I am sure they will understand. One of the first things I mentioned in my job interview was that I was going to be on a honeymoon in april for a week and a few days and they said they can work around it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I think I'll bring it up tomorrow when I go to fill out paperwork. 
  • christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It should be fine. Worst case scenario you can always use your vacation days... I am so excited for you!!!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_got-job?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:322bee04-1ae5-4b11-90ad-1b72700e5d9aPost:b4172ea7-8508-4c9b-bf81-93b2b9252ecd">Re: I GOT THE JOB!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It should be fine. Worst case scenario you can always use your vacation days... I am so excited for you!!!
    Posted by christinalau[/QUOTE]

Sadly I don't get vacation days with this job.
  • edited December 2011
    I totally know how you feel. I have been unemployed for almost 4 months now.
    Luckily, I know I have a job for May-September and then MAYBE September-November. I just hope I can get by until May.
  • edited December 2011
    Saw your post on Etiquette first, but just wanted to say congrats again!
    edited December 2011
    glk -- Thanks again!  PS. Love the kitty picture!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!  I would definitely mention that you're going on a honeymoon. Employers are usually willing to work with you if you're up front about it. Congratulations!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  That is wonderful news!  It's tough out there.

Jackie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
    My Start to a Planning Bio
    213 Invited 145 yes and 68 no RSVP Date April 15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards