Moms and Maids

This actually happened today

So this morning I went with my FMIL to the dress store where she is looking at dresses for the wedding.  While we were there, a sales lady comes to the section we are in, starts looking through the dresses, and we overhear her say to our sales lady that "the wedding is in 9 days."  We couldn't help but ask, and she said that a mother of the groom is there to find a dress because the bride told her that she cannot wear the dress she already purchased for the wedding "if she wants to be part of the processional."  She wanted the MOG to wear a dress in a shade of silver, not gold like the one she bought.  (or maybe it was vice versa)
WTF?  Great way to start off a marriage, bridezilla.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: This actually happened today

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's just awful.  I think it would be great if the mom chose a tube top, silver spangled mini dress to wear.  Then it would get even better if she'd switch into her original dress for the reception.

Way to begin married life to this poor woman's son.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • lharri12lharri12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was kind of surprised that she agreed to it.  I wish I had gotten to see the look on her face.
  • edited December 2011
    Poor MOG.

• edited December 2011
    That bride sounds like a bitch.
    panther
  • brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is awful!  I hope the bride at least paid for the new dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow what a brat! I second changing into the other dress at the reception. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_this-actually-happened-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:d5ec98a2-4d26-425b-87ae-d6cd89b78de6Post:72bb045c-00c1-46ef-880a-0c35dae57b25">Re: This actually happened today</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that bride posted on the wedding attire board about a month ago.  She was having a cow about her MOG wearing gold.  Nobody was sympathetic.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

Really?  Because I was just going to write something along the lines of  "just wait, we will see a post up here from the bridezilla about this soon enough!".
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CMGr:  I think the post you're recalling was a bride about her mom's gold dress, not her FMIL:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mother-of-bride-dress-color
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, that poor MOG, one can only hope that the Bride just had some "wedding crazies" and isn't that bratty on a regular basis. Then again, my mom's cousin didn't even invite her own father (my mom's uncle) to his own grandson's wedding. Needless to say she's a witch in which I am glad I will never have to associate with her again. 
  • longman801longman801 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out theweddingstyle.com They have a link to wedding dresses and

there might be some on there with the look you are going for! I spotted

a few that I thought might be similar to what you were looking for, so

they are posted below! Hope this helps and CONGRATS!Source(s)

http://www.theweddingstyle.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I love that the MOG is being the bigger person...probably to save her son the stress of dealing with bridezilla...
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • ki10ki10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's crazy, but I'm way too distracted by your adorable puppy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards