Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Brinner-Breakfast for Dinner

So the fiance and i were thinking of doing breakfast for our wedding meal...what are you're thoughts? tacky? delicious? should we prepare our guests for this delicious non traditional feast?

Re: Brinner-Breakfast for Dinner

• HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Brinner and I wouldn't mind it as a guest.  But I am thinking about the older guest who probably expect a traditional dinner, and not everyone is fond of brinner, so maybe if you can accomadate the guest who want a traditional dinner.
  • edited December 2011
      I love this idea!  I think you should do it.  Unusual, and I think everyone will have fun.
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea if you go about the menu in a brunch sort of way: the traditional breakfast foods with heavier meatier dishes and lots of fresh fruits. It definitely unique!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not fan, but if you incorporate more flavourful stuff like quiche instead of scrambled eggs (think brunch instead of breakfast), I'd be slightly more down with it. There was a lot of talk about doing breakfast for dinner on the boards back in the winter - it seemed like 60% of people thought it was the Best Thing Ever, while 40% thought it was the Worst Thing Ever (say that in Comic Book Guy's voice).
  • edited December 2011
    What time is your reception?

Breakfast food for dinner doesn't make any sense to me.
  • MommyMarta08MommyMarta08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't love this idea. Not everyone loves breakfast, and I would be expecting something fancier. I don't want to eat pancakes in an evening gown. 
  • edited December 2011
    I appreciate all the feed back! We will definitely keep this in mind when making the final decision. But thoughts of belgium waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs benedict, ham and fresh fruit is a hard one to pass up. I guess thats the best part of paying...you get the choice and everyone else just gets a free meal.Wink
  • MommyMarta08MommyMarta08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Had another idea- what about doing a crepe station as your homage to "brinner". You can still do normal dinner type food through other stations, buffet or sit-down (whichever you plan on) but add a crepe station doing sweet and savory crepes during the cocktail hour OR dinner. You can do Nutella crepes , crepes with fruit, cremes with eggs and cheese, veggies, etc. It all can be freshly made by a chef in an action station
  • edited December 2011
    I love breakfast for dinner! Nice Idea, I just saw a caterer's menu for brunch & it had pulled bbq pork w/ waffles, grit w/ cheese & shrimp on a spoon. My mouth watered from thinking about these combinations. I'm going to use them since my wedding is during the day 11/11/11 & it will be served during the cocktail hour.
    It Was Luv At First Bite!
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea.  I think it's one of those things your guests will think is either the coolest thing or the weirdest thing.  Either way they will never forget your wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tsp698tsp698 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the the PP's saying that you should think more Brunch than Breakfast, maybe get some sort of carving station, for something like Ham or Roast Beef. (I've seen these at many brunches)

Going off of that I think the whole thing could be done well with different stations, and supplemented with traditional buffet fare. You could have the carving station, a Belgian Waffle station, a crepe station , the possibilities are endless.

image 107 Invited
    image 43 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image58 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: July 23
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards