Registry and Gift Forum

Registries?????? Please help

Has anyone used Amazon.com or Home Depot?  We're you satisfied? How's their return policies?Frown

Re: Registries?????? Please help

• I've heard good things about amazon and you can add things from anywhere from what I understand. Sounded like a good one.
  • We thought about Amazon... but... you ony have 30 day to return it.  30 days from time of purchase.   So if someone buys you something today for your wedding 3 months from now- and for some reason you decide you don't want it or don't like it or it winds up broken, you are out of luck.   I e-mailed them and asked specifically about that.

As an alternative-  I decided on using www.myregistry.com you can add items from many many retailers to have everything in one place.  Macy's, Crate & Barrel, Bed Bath & beyond and Kohl's all have longer return policies.  I have heard good things about Sears and JC Penney's, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registries-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:1d5350fa-fc2a-44eb-8313-af217a973776Post:c2d4d36e-8b92-4868-b90c-7aa1526daae3">Re: Registries?????? Please help</a>:
    [QUOTE]We thought about Amazon... but... you ony have 30 day to return it.  30 days from time of purchase.   So if someone buys you something today for your wedding 3 months from now- and for some reason you decide you don't want it or don't like it or it winds up broken, you are out of luck.   I e-mailed them and asked specifically about that. As an alternative-  I decided on using <a href="http://www.myregistry.com" rel="nofollow">www.myregistry.com</a> you can add items from many many retailers to have everything in one place.  Macy's, Crate & Barrel, Bed Bath & beyond and Kohl's all have longer return policies.  I have heard good things about Sears and JC Penney's, too.
    Posted by ellen73[/QUOTE]

agree with amazon return policy, its difficult if people buy your gifts early. home depot no longer has a registry, and lowe's got rid of theirs too. the only place i can think of that has a registry with home improvement type things is sears, although theirs is a little difficult to navigate and people have had problems getting doubles (my brother and his FI ended up deleting their sears registry).

myregistry.com is good in theory, but the shipping is what kills you. lets say u registered for a baking pan from williams sonoma, a mixer from macys, and a spatula from BBB. If someone wanted to buy you all three of those as a gift online, they would spend on arm and a leg on shipping from all three stores. its especially expensive if you register for small things.
    Photobucket
  • We registered at BBB, Kohls and Sears. Sears so far has been great...and all Craftsmen tools have lifetime warranty.  I know of someone right now that is registered at Home Depot and so far has no problems.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered at myregistry.com and uploaded our amazon registry and our williams sonoma onto there. Amazon has a good return policy but we didn't just want to register with them so that's why we chose a universal wish list.

Also, we added items this weekend with this super cool iphone app. Can you believe we were able to scan barcodes of items from various stores. Technology has come so far! :)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myregistry-com-universal-wishlist/id366525182?mt=8

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards