Georgia-Atlanta

Vases & centerpieces?

I am making all the centerpieces myself to cut costs on service fees and extra charges. I need to purchase tall and short rectangular glass vases and candles at a very affordable rates. I'm also in need of linens....was going to make them but it may be to big of a challenge. Any suggestions?

Re: Vases & centerpieces?

• edited December 2011
    Check out Hobby Lobby! If you sign up for there emails, you can get 40% coupons every week.

Check out efavormart.com http://www.efavormart.com/index.aspx?page=3

and
    http://www.save-on-crafts.com/

Hope that help!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    I have 8 24" cylinder vases available. Email me if you are interested at destmommy@gmail.com
  • BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, not really related, but YasJas- WOW! Congrats on your BMI loss. I wish I had your dedication. Good work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Danigirl259Danigirl259 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the Hobby Lobby for the vases.

I think it is cheaper to buy the lines than make them or rent them. Google Cheap table linens and tons of things come up. And remember you can always sell them after you are done. My venue has white linens included but I bought runners for 2.00. They would have costs 3.00 just to rent them. And I am planning on selling them after.

• bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Also check out Family Dollar or Dollar General -  you will be surprised at what you come across for A DOLLAR!!!  It's not Swarozski crystal, but it will suffice. 

Also,  how would you make tablecloths?

Try linentablecloth.com.  They have AMAZING deals and will offer deals here and there. 

Lastly, check out the Budget Weddings board - a lot of those girls have amazing advice to offer.
  • edited December 2011
    Also check out Michaels...they have 40% or 50% off a single item coupons every week if you sign up for their newsletter/e-mails and their vase prices arn't too bad either.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_vases-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:87c9e419-c513-4ebb-9c67-f5461e13808ePost:31632f0b-090f-4d76-8de3-b54aa93fd555">Re: Vases & centerpieces?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, not really related, but YasJas- WOW! Congrats on your BMI loss. I wish I had your dedication. Good work!
    Posted by Bekkers[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I am trying to make that ticker move! LOL!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Vases & centerpieces?:  Also,  how would you make table clothes?

It's fairly easy and affordable but time consuming.
    1. measure the width of the table top.
    2. measure the height of the table.
    3. add 1'' to the previous total.
    4. cut the yards of fabric to the size needed.
    5. use iron on stitching tape and fold each edge to a smooth & even edge and iron.
      Napkins
    1. cut fabric to 16"
    2. fold edges smooth and apply iron on tap
    3. iron down edges.
     runners
    1.measure the width of the table top
    2.measure the height of the tables and multiply by 2
    3.follow steps 3-5 of the table clothe directions

Your done!! Just Make sure you set aside time and pre-wash fabric before cutting fabric to begin.
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also try garden ridge for vases.  They have a ton of stuff there
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • mjlchamblessmjlchambless member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Everyone:

I found a few good websites for linen rental/purchase:

www.firstimpressionsrentals.com (they're out of fayetteville)
    www.cvlinens.com (wonderful prices, good quality)

And for the glass vases check out www.quickcandles.com they have really good prices on vases.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Ikea has cute cheap vases too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards