Attire & Accessories Forum

bridal shoes - flats with bling

Any suggestions? My dress is ivory satin. I would do heels, but my fiance and I are the same height, and I worry that'd look funny in the photos.
Kelly

Re: bridal shoes - flats with bling

• If your getting married at church...have him stand one step up from you so he looks taller. I know I was self-conscious to wear heels if I dated a guy who was my height...but that was bc they felt uncomfortable. This is not the case with my FI he's tall enough for me to wear heels :) But he comes from a long line of  couples who are taller than their husbands...I mean even without the heels..it is soo cute to see. If your comfortable wth it...wear the heels for the cermony and the flats for the reception. What man doesn't love a woman in heels?? lol!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am wearing flat dress sandels.  I think that would be fine. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2010
    I'm like you -- my FI is basically my height when we both wear regular shoes (I think he's 1/2 inch taller).  The flats I have my heart set on are from the Unforgettable Moments by Lela Rose, and I will be shopping for appropriate shoe clips if I decide I want more bling on the shoe.  Here's a link to the shoes I think I may end up with... 

* these shoes are available at Payless Shoe Source * 

For some added bling, you might consider this site: 

Other websites to consider for shoe clips:

The reason I suggest plain flats plus shoe clips is because it's SO hard to find flats that have the "bling" that you're looking for.  After a recent foot injury, I'm not yet able to wear heels, so I've had to be creative with flats (for 2 years!).   Hope that helps... best of luck deciding on your shoes!!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • I was thinking try a shoe clip as well. Some other sites you could try for shoes are:

endless.com
    dsw.com
    zappos.com
    overstock.com
  • I'm not sure why people think there is a big issue with the bride being taller than the groom.  However, if you want ivory flats with bling, you could look at ones like I got.  They came from elinor44 on eBay.

• i just purchased mine! If you are looking for flats with bling - I have the perfect shoes! It took me forever to find them - but it is love. I just looked them up on kenneth cole website and they are 150.00. I bought mine at Lord and Taylor (a department store) and I got them for $60.00. I'm sure if you look you can find them for a deal!

They are kenneth cole reaction sparkle & shine

• JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    correction!! They are not the kenneth cole reaction sparkle & shine *the sparkle and shine shoes are snake embossed*   they are Kenneth Cole Reaction Glass Slipper Embelished Satin Ballet Flats - whew.. that was long!

Here's the link for Lord & Taylor's website

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/Shoes-Flats-Glass_Slipper_Embellished_Satin_Ballet_Flats-lordandtaylor/146558
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bridal-shoes-flats-bling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:6147ff85-b1df-4eca-9f71-6b9ca17b049dPost:05d2f40c-dcc5-42da-a6ce-b0f103cfaeab">bridal shoes - flats with bling</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any suggestions? My dress is ivory satin. I would do heels, but my fiance and I are the same height, and I worry that'd look funny in the photos. Kelly
    Posted by KeaterBeater[/QUOTE]

H and I are the same height and I wore heels because I fell in love with a pair.  I never notice it in pictures and I definitely didn't notice it on our wedding day.  Find shoes you love and are comfortable in, and don't worry about the height. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey there -- check out our site http://www.milkandhoneyshoes.com -- we can do any type of flat you'd like.  Also, we can do a 1.5" wedge.  We offer glitter material or you can design a simpler flat so you can attach a shoe clip.  If you e-mail me I can send you some pics of "bling" we've attached to other brides' shoes!

Dori
    milk& honey
    dorian@milkandhoneyshoes.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards