Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father/daughter dance

Hey ya'll!  I need some help.  There's 2 songs that I love!  I've played both of them for my father and he likes them both.  Also, he doesn't care what song I pick.  Needless to say, he's not any help.  The songs I love are Tim McGraw my little girl and Heartland I loved her first. 

What would you girls recommend? 

Re: Father/daughter dance

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love Heartland's I loved her first!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DD used "I Loved her First".  Gorgeous.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • L-BrideL-Bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, use the Heartland one.
  • ylleknnaylleknna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heartland! That's what I am leaning towards. I was emotional the other day and listened to it and just cried imagining it!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    image 331 Invited image 243 Attending image 90 Missing Out image 0 People MIA!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with all the pp's!
  • vettechgirlvettechgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm letting my dad completely decide. So, I would just tell your dad, "Okay, Dad! It's totally your call! So, here you go! Here are the songs! Have fun and I'll see you at the wedding!"

Okay, maybe not that blunt, but I would still let him decide. He'll care if he sits down and listens to each a few times in turn. There will be a specific verse or line in one song that will just hit him. But, honestly, that's going to be an emotional decision. It's one he probably needs to make when he's physically alone and it's okay for him to cry.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards