Nevada-Las Vegas

Ordered our cake!

So FI and I really aren't cake people and have been procrastinating on this part of the planning.  Then FI came up with this idea to somehow incorporate the mountains into our wedding cake since we met and live in the mountains.  I originally wasn't crazy about the idea as I'd prefer something more traditional.  I did a google search for "mountain wedding cake" and most of the results that came up were hideous.  Then I finally found this compromise (minus the dove cake topper). 

FI gets his mountains I still have something traditional.  To be completely honest it's not what I would have picked, but FI is happy and I'm happy that FI is showing more interest in some of the little details...

Anyway, I sent this picture to Freed's and they said they could do this with no problem, and I'm extremely happy with the quote they gave me.  We won't pick the flavors until we're in Vegas the week before the wedding though.
Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Ordered our cake!

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check! It's a pretty design, don't see too much like that! ;) 
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good check! Very tasteful (and tasty-looking!) cake. Yum!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! 
    Married 5.6.11

• edited December 2011
    Looks cool!
    Anniversary
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you say mountain cake, this is what I think of:

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    i like....especially since it is unique but still fits "you". congrats!
  • edited December 2011
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ordered-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:81f19a7c-a08f-43f1-8460-eb9180c4ddd8Post:d9998608-385b-4be6-b3da-c15be537cf72">Re: Ordered our cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]When you say mountain cake, this is what I think of:
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]
    Hahaha - love it.  Sad thing is that a lot of the Google search results didn't look much better than that!

Thanks ladies!
    Married 5.6.11

• edited December 2011
    What a cool cake. I had the same problem, he wanted a Harley Davidson cake, so we did some compromising..........

Dottie
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that your FI got involved! My FI could care less about all the details.  I had to sit him down with the Bentley & Wilson website and Mike L. website to choose a photog, and it was like pulling teeth to get him to look at wedding pictures for 5 minutes...
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ordered-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:81f19a7c-a08f-43f1-8460-eb9180c4ddd8Post:95ba634c-068c-43fc-8ba6-a610cef3b467">Re: Ordered our cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What a cool cake. I had the same problem, he wanted a Harley Davidson cake, so we did some compromising.......... Dottie
    Posted by dridlen[/QUOTE]

Compromise is definitely a good thing... :) @lsvensson, FI was like that at the beginning too, but as we get closer to the wedding he's showing more interest!
    Married 5.6.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards