Wedding Etiquette Forum

Regiftings wrong but....

So my fi owes a guy some money. He likes to think he knows sports but with this giants/patriots superbowl he owes about 3,000 dollars. So we came to an arrangement with his bookie. Fi's gonna give him all the wedding gifts and 500 dollars cash. It'd be real helpful to just have the guest pile the presents in the back of the guys cube van. My question is would you think something was up if you were asked to hand Vinni your crock pot so he can load it in a van? I mean I'm not expecting to get to much at the actual wedding anyhow. Most of the stuff was sent to Vinni's house already. I changed the address on my online wedding gift listings so.

One more question. If your husband caused his own leg to be broken by a bookie would you let him ride down the isle in a wheel chair... Or make him limp his tushy up front?

Re: Regiftings wrong but....

• it wasn't even good MUD
  • if my FI got us in such a precadicament because he was gambling/betting with money he doesn't have and consequently messing with the wedding he wouldn't have to worry about the bookie breaking his leg... *I* would!

Plus the wedding would probably be off... I'd be seriously questioning him.
    Photobucketbaby yianni Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Just send a mass fcbk message asking everyone for cash instead so it's more convienent for the bookie. Your wedding gift to him can be a cane he can use to crutch down the isle. HTH!
  • If you post your bank routing and account numbers here, I'd be happy to help you guys out.  I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • just have your FI change his last name to yours...and live your lives hiding from his bookie.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regiftings-wrong-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:69f976a9-f787-4dc1-a238-cb12c9792455Post:a190d334-6b6f-47e3-9de7-6ff1ee0bdada">Re: Regiftings wrong but....</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you post your bank routing and account numbers here, I'd be happy to help you guys out.  I'm so sorry this is happening to you.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

ha!!
  • This is making my day!
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regiftings-wrong-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:69f976a9-f787-4dc1-a238-cb12c9792455Post:a190d334-6b6f-47e3-9de7-6ff1ee0bdada">Re: Regiftings wrong but....</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you post your bank routing and account numbers here, I'd be happy to help you guys out.  I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

DED
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • OMG.. find something more scandalous to troll about. 
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regiftings-wrong-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69f976a9-f787-4dc1-a238-cb12c9792455Post:a190d334-6b6f-47e3-9de7-6ff1ee0bdada">Re: Regiftings wrong but....</a>:
    Bank account.... I'm getting a keystone keg with plastic cups. I'm making the 24 members of my family pay their way in while also making them bring dishes to pass as the reception... finally I'm making the guests use porta pottys. You really think I have a bank account?
  • Weak.  I expect better from you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regiftings-wrong-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69f976a9-f787-4dc1-a238-cb12c9792455Post:36886072-4556-416a-90d4-7f177850af3f">Re: Regiftings wrong but....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Weak.  I expect better from you.
    Posted by chrmun[/QUOTE]

I didn't.  This is the lamest troll in all history.  Lamer than her bookie-induced gimpy FI.
  • Troll fail.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • You are the worst troll ever.  
  • edited January 2012

I'm just curious how come this person hasn't been banned yet.
    Photobucket
  • [QUOTE]I'm getting a keystone keg with plastic cups. I'm making the 24 members of my family ... bring dishes to pass as the reception... finally I'm making the guests use porta pottys. 
    Posted by Ronbenningtoncupcakecake[/QUOTE]

<div>I know you think you're trolling, but I was at a wedding where the beer was served in cans out of a plastic cooler, the whiskey in tiny plastic disposable shot glasses, and the meal was cooked by the family.  The only toilet in the park was an outhouse.  It was the most fun I've ever had at a reception.  You should be so lucky.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regiftings-wrong-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69f976a9-f787-4dc1-a238-cb12c9792455Post:84a07631-d758-4f92-ad5a-db26ab4f8248">Re: Regiftings wrong but....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just curious how come this person hasn't been banned yet.
    Posted by beckyboo27[/QUOTE]

Banned for WHAT?  For posting inane threads?  That's not really a bannable offense.

• Okay then... I guess I've never been a member of a message board where constant trolling wasn't a bannable offense.
    Photobucket
  • Do you only come out to point out obvious trolls? Is that going to be your thing?
  • I don't see why someone would bother to flex their mod power to ban someone who isn't hurting anything or attacking anyone.  Even if he or she is completely stupid.

^^ See that?  Even more bannable than OP.  Maybe Bay can make her first mod act banning me.

• Mel she's our resident troll catcher.
  • Oh sweet. That role worked out really well for Amethyst.
  • That means Becky's got to try and take over the PS board. Then she can truly go the way of Amethyst.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regiftings-wrong-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69f976a9-f787-4dc1-a238-cb12c9792455Post:0565c06f-8530-423c-82fc-1b33aa6c39e0">Re: Regiftings wrong but....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh sweet. That role worked out really well for Amethyst.
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]

<div>::snort::</div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • MK, did you just call Becky fat?  That's pretty bannable.

• Well then, I can see my time here is going to be pleasant! You gals sure know how to make a person feel welcome.  Have a good night.
    Photobucket
  • Omg krupar, you can just go calling people plus sized. Someone come ban mk, please. WE NEED MORE BANNINGS.
  • We sure do aim to please, Beckyboo!

• Don't forget to charge your guests admission at the door so you can have even more money to give Vinny.
  • CiardasullyCiardasully member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regiftings-wrong-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69f976a9-f787-4dc1-a238-cb12c9792455Post:e53c4a0a-f6e2-4ce0-a40d-784653183807">Re: Regiftings wrong but....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Regiftings wrong but.... : I didn't.  This is the lamest troll in all history.  Lamer than her bookie-induced gimpy FI.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I know.  Seriously, if you are going to troll, at least troll about something believable.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards