Snarky Brides

Pssst, Steph?

You mentioned that IKEA had vases...I don't suppose you happened to look at any sizes or prices or anything like that huh?  I mean, I COULD call them, but that would be way harder than bugging you ;)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Pssst, Steph?

• The cost eleventy dollars and a handjob. Do you have eleventy dollars?
  • I am not Steph and I don't remember exact prices, but I remember they were really not any better than the online places.

I thought you found a place with vases?

annnd I found some really good prices on 10.5" vases :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • and they had more vases than they had online when I went. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Sorry! I just saw this on FB too.  SO. I was going to take a picture and send it to you, but I forgot.  I think they were like 10" tall, and maybe 2-3" in diameter (that's straight across, right, not wrapped around the circle? haha.)

BUT. Here's the problem. I remember seeing some that were sold like that (maybe $2-$4), but there were also some that were sold in sets of three (different heights.)  I can't remember which ones were color tinted though!

I do know that they have SOME tall, thin vases though ;) I'd give them a call, they're super helpful. You'd probably want to call anyway and make sure they have enough.
  • OMG  A week from the day after tomorrow!
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pssst-steph?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7570770-cf0a-4a95-9817-7bb6b8261525Post:3de108df-b5e9-4a77-9b2c-aef81fef415c">Re: Pssst, Steph?</a>:
    [QUOTE]and they had more vases than they had online when I went. 
    Posted by aggiebug[/QUOTE]

I figured this, but thought I'd post it anyways in case she didn't remember how to use the Internet. 
  • Thanks Any, I checked online, Steph was actually at the store.  They didn't have what I was looking for online.

Aggie, I had some problems with the place I ordered from.  I ended up canceling my order.  I might have to get 10.5 inch vases.  I'm having a vase crisis!  (Ok, not even close, but STILL.)

• k. I know they had these in clear (but with a light tint, just at the bottom. No where near as dark as online.)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pssst-steph?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7570770-cf0a-4a95-9817-7bb6b8261525Post:1e2bbbe1-a9a0-4769-9060-904f97c0b3ae">Re: Pssst, Steph?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry! I just saw this on FB too.  SO. I was going to take a picture and send it to you, but I forgot.  I think they were like 10" tall, and maybe 2-3" in diameter (that's straight across, right, not wrapped around the circle? haha.) BUT. Here's the problem. I remember seeing some that were sold like that (maybe $2-$4), but there were also some that were sold in sets of three (different heights.)  I can't remember which ones were color tinted though! I do know that they have SOME tall, thin vases though ;) I'd give them a call, they're super helpful. You'd probably want to call anyway and make sure they have enough.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Sorry I'm totally hounding you.  I'm just starting to get nervous about it.    I will definitely call them.  I might actually end up just going up that way anyway and hitting every Michael's in the cities.  They have the ones I need, they're just more than I want to pay, and every store has like...2.  Which  means lots of 40% coupons ;) 

• They also had these, but they're not super thin, nor are they super cheap. But I think they had smaller ones like this?

Sorry. I'm no help.
  • CRISIS!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to settle for 10.5"

I would use quickcandles.  or amazon.com (the seller is still quick candles)
    they have the best prices I could find and their stuff is good quality.
    Fred Rogers
  • Do it! There are a ton of Micheal's at least. and, really? They don't care if you use more than one coupon (at least not the Roseville one) as long as you ring them up in separate purchases. 
  • No, you ARE a help, thank you :)  I appreciate it!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pssst-steph?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7570770-cf0a-4a95-9817-7bb6b8261525Post:d9218e90-f79a-473e-a511-9dc5d722645e">Re: Pssst, Steph?</a>:
    [QUOTE]CRISIS!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to settle for 10.5" I would use quickcandles.  or amazon.com (the seller is still quick candles) they have the best prices I could find and their stuff is good quality.
    Posted by aggiebug[/QUOTE]

I'm totally beyond the point of ordering online, I think.  I think I'd pay more in rush shipping than I would just buying them somewhere.  But thanks!

Good to know Steph.  I'm going to print off about 12 coupons, I think, and I'm taking FI with me.  He doesn't know yet, but he doesn't have a choice ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pssst-steph?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7570770-cf0a-4a95-9817-7bb6b8261525Post:9606d049-afc6-4d54-9804-ede15c1276dc">Re: Pssst, Steph?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG  A week from the day after tomorrow!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

YES!  And then?  CHEESECAKE.  And delicious brunch.  Did you see the brunch menu I posted the other day?  I thought of you.

• ohmygod, J. I want your Mother's Day brunch.
  • I think I'm more excited to eat brunch than I am for my wedding.

That's ok, right?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pssst-steph?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7570770-cf0a-4a95-9817-7bb6b8261525Post:72edf4da-ae7b-45f4-a292-93cf406d28f3">Re: Pssst, Steph?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pssst, Steph? : YES!  And then?  CHEESECAKE.  And delicious brunch.  Did you see the brunch menu I posted the other day?  I thought of you.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

i saw it.  I asked my H if we could totally hop on the interstate and drive east for a few hours.  He vetoed it.  Something about how he refuses to drive more than 4 hours so I can crash a wedding and eat delicious food.  i told him it wasn't exactly crashing.. he bribed me with going out to dinner tonight instead.  To a really really nice place that I love.

But your menu seriously looked delicious!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pssst-steph?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7570770-cf0a-4a95-9817-7bb6b8261525Post:921bfa4a-d5ac-42c0-a6f8-364b4e014145">Re: Pssst, Steph?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'm more excited to eat brunch than I am for my wedding. That's ok, right?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Totally okay.  I woulds eloped if not for the promise of my delicious cake and soup shooters
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pssst-steph?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7570770-cf0a-4a95-9817-7bb6b8261525Post:1ae0af0f-8991-49cd-ae7e-7a3d459d29db">Re: Pssst, Steph?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pssst, Steph? : i saw it.  I asked my H if we could totally hop on the interstate and drive east for a few hours.  He vetoed it.  Something about how he refuses to drive more than 4 hours so I can crash a wedding and eat delicious food.  i told him it wasn't exactly crashing.. he bribed me with going out to dinner tonight instead.  To a really really nice place that I love. But your menu seriously looked delicious!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least you got an awesome dinner date out of it :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pssst-steph?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7570770-cf0a-4a95-9817-7bb6b8261525Post:b3c06878-441f-45ba-9f7f-c48e29cca0bd">Re: Pssst, Steph?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The cost eleventy dollars and a handjob. Do you have eleventy dollars?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I don't know how I missed this.

Eleventy dollars I can do.  Handjobs I can't.  Jesus doesn't like handjobs.

• Whaaaat? Jesus doesn't like handjobs? Shiit. How the fuuck am I going to celebrate Cinco de Mayo now?
  • Buttsex?

• No way. That's what my 10th anniversary is for.
  • Oh...I thought 10th was tin?

• Not if you ask Matt. If you ask Matt, it's the butt. I told him that if that's the case, he had to let me put something in his ass too.
  • Have you decided what it will be?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards