Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Marriage license

I'm getting married in downtown - can anybody else who's gotten married in Baltimore city confirm for me the whole marriage license thing? I got some info, but it's unclear if it's for Baltimore county and if that applies to the city too.
Where do I go to get it?
I saw that it's valid for 6 months after you apply - is that true?
Who needs to go get it and what kind of documentation do we need?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Marriage license

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get married in the city but hopefully can help.  I do not believe that you both need to be there - just one of you, and you shouldn't need documentation.  Be prepared to give his SS# though (and vice versa) and birthday.  It's usually good for 4-6 months, depending on the county.  I think that you just need to go to the city courthouse - they'll be able to direct you once you get there as to where to go.
  • Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got my marriage license last week from Baltimore City.  It is not good until 48 hours after you get it and it expires in six months.  Smange is right, only one of you need to be there with photo Id (license).  You will need his social, address, full name, date of birth, place of birth and if he has ever been married.
    You'll have to get the license from Baltimore City because that is where you are getting married.  You'll have to go to the Mitchell court house to get it, that department closes at 4 p.m.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls - that was all super helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards