Moms and Maids

Contacting a Bridesmaid

My wedding party is 3 girls. I'm getting married in July. It is about time for them to order their dresses, almost there. Two of my girls have seens style options and seen the color in person. One hasn't. I am fine if she doesn't want to have a say in the style. But I sent her a text message asking if she wants a say or not and hadn't heard back. That was on Friday the 13th. Also, my bridal shower date has been booked. I once again sent her a text asking telling her the date and that my Matron of Honor was going to get in touch to coordinate details and to please tell me she recieved the message. I haven't heard anything back.

My question is: Am I asking too much to get a simple text message back? I'm fine if all she wants to do is what she absoutely has to, but where do I draw the line from being busy or whatever to being just plain rude and disrespectful to my feelings?

This is placing undue stress on me and I have no idea how to address it.
Love & Joy, Kristin :)

Re: Contacting a Bridesmaid

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_contacting-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:7e9abb4d-4b47-4cd3-872a-9b0a6439969fPost:4d7ac9b6-6f5c-4b5d-a0b1-c1a5722f1ed5">Contacting a Bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding party is 3 girls. I'm getting married in July. It is about time for them to order their dresses, almost there. Two of my girls have seens style options and seen the color in person. One hasn't. I am fine if she doesn't want to have a say in the style. But I sent her a text message asking if she wants a say or not and hadn't heard back. That was on Friday the 13th. Also, my bridal shower date has been booked. I once again sent her a text asking telling her the date and that my Matron of Honor was going to get in touch to coordinate details and to please tell me she recieved the message. I haven't heard anything back. My question is: Am I asking too much to get a simple text message back? I'm fine if all she wants to do is what she absoutely has to, but where do I draw the line from being busy or whatever to being just plain rude and disrespectful to my feelings? This is placing undue stress on me and I have no idea how to address it.
    Posted by rhymingwhiston[/QUOTE]
    If you really want a response try actually calling her.  Ask her the two questions you have and then ask how she's doing, since it sounds like you guys haven't talked lately, this way it's not only about your wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would call her.  If she still is unresponsive, email her the dress details and the final "order-by" date, and then it's up to her to order it in time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree.  Call her!  You need to reconnect here so skip the texting and dial her number.
  • She won't answer my phone calls either.
  • Then leave a message asking if she's ok.  Tell her that it's been a while and you just want to check in on her.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Issue resolved. Thanks guys.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards