Florida-South Florida

Parents gifts

What are you getting your parents for the wedding day?  I have NO idea what to do for them.  Any ideas would be great.  

Re: Parents gifts

• JudeG20JudeG20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I think I am planning to give my Parents  a full couples spa package since I am sure they will be tense cause of the wedding. I was planning to get them something else but not sure what else yet.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are def getting them parent albums of the wedding, that is already negotiated in the photo price.But i know we will need to get them something else for the day of. I'm not sure what though. 
  • herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up getting engraved cuff links for the dads to wear the day of (and both really loved them...I wasn't all that excited about them but glad they enjoyed them!). For the mom's, we waited until I saw what their dresses looked like, then we went to Swarovski and bought both a necklace that went nicely with the necklines of their dresses. They both LOVED them. Like, my MIL went to Swarovski the day of the wedding and bought matching earrings, bracelet and ring! My mom also bought herself the matching earrings. We are also doing the photo books but I wanted something for them at the wedding.
  • edited December 2011

we'll be getting them parent albums. however, at the rehearsal dinner we gave them cards and they were very touched :)

best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we're getting both sets of parents weekend trips to their favorite hotels... one in the keys for my parents, and one on Fire Island for my FI's
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the ideas!  For my parents, I am thinking of getting them a double frame...one with a picture of me as a baby with them, then one from my wedding day and something engraved on it.  My FI is giving his parents something special too.  For the moms, we got them rhinestone pins 'mother of the groom' and 'mother of the bride', which we will be presenting them with at the rehearsal. 
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of the double frame!!

We will probably do something similar for our parents (his parents get a double frame, and so do mine), we will write them cards, and let them know they'll be getting parent albums when they come in!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • ames61583ames61583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing different gifts for our parents. Well, both are getting parents albums, but my FMIL is getting a starfish charm for her Pandora bracelet (our theme is starfish, so its a reminder of our day). My parents don't really have any hobbies. I could get my Mother jewelery, but then I wouldnt know what to get my Father. We have decided to get them  a gift certificate to a nice restaurant :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards