Honeymoon Discussions

St. Lucia...

Ok- I am thinking of booking my HM in St.Lucia at the Sandals Grande.  I have read some older posts, but would love to hear from someone who has been there or knows of someone who has.  How was the travel? Did it take a day or so? What room did you stay in ( we are thinking of just booking the basic room).  Thanks for any reviews or help:)

Kelly

Re: St. Lucia...

• here is my email Karagal28@yahoo.com
    I have my review, tips, etc.
    I loved it.
    We did the helicopter rather than drive the horrible roads.
  • I just got back from there 1 week ago!  We stayed at the Grande in the basic room and had no problems at all!  The room was clean, updated, no bugs, etc.  Our room had rose petals and champage when we arrived as well (as part of the honeymoon package).   They have great turn down service and the room was cleaned a few times a day.  We LOVED st. lucia and did two tours:  the zipline and a tour with simon says (snorkeling, volcano, etc.). 

We had an overnight layover on our way, but had a quick layover on the way back.  Allow for enough time in between flights on the way back as you will have to go through customs and recheck your bags AND go through security again (atleast in MIami we did). 

It is about 1.5 hour drive to the resort.  I've heard bad things but I don't get car sick and both me and my husband were fine in the van. They gave us water and it was airconditioned so all was good.    Like I said...we LOVED the Grande and would recommend it to everyone!  Sandals has great evening events and we never found ourselves bored Smile

Let me know if you have any more questions!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • MedTecMedTec member
    First Comment
    We stayed at the Sandals Grande and booked a concierge room and got upgraded to a better room when we arrived thanks to our TA Nancy from myislandgetaways.com
    We departed from Chicago and had one connection in Atlanta and it was not bad at all. We took the helicopter to get closer to our resort and that was really great and took the bus transfer back.

We loved every minute of it and also got all the extra perks for being honeymooners.
  • http://www.kristiandkerry.com/HTML/SandalsGrandStLuciaReview.html

That's the link for our review. HTH

We went into the little airport (can't find flights into that one anymore from our area *Philly*) and the ride was about 15min to the resort. We are going back in 2012 and I've already looked at flights (going into the big airport). I found a 6am with 1 1/2 layover in PR so as long as that type of flight exists when we go back that is the one we are taking.
  • My Fiance and I are thinking about going to one of the Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia... I was wondering for those of you that have been to one of them does the basic room have a separate bathtub or is it just a shower with bathtub?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our room was up in the cliffs at the Regency. We had a jacuzzi in our bedroom and also a separate shower in the bathroom area.
  • we did the helicopter ride from airport to closer to the grande - it was amazing and well worth it.  the ride can be bumpy if u get carsick (i do) so we also hired a private car for our return trip to airport when we left.  we went abt 3 years ago on vacation.  PM me for a link to our pics and hotel review!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going in October (hopefully will avoid any hurricanes!) but we're staying at Jalousie Plantation...I didn't want the whole "honeymoon" scene since we're 2nd timers, and in our late 40s.

Anyway, we're flying directly from JFK, no layovers, and it's about a 5 hour flight.  Taking a helicopter to the hotel as well, to avoid length, bumpy car rides....10 minute flight versus 1 1/2 hour drive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards