Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning!

How is everyone this beautiful morning? My commute was amazing and the weather is great. And I'm finally feeling well again. I caught a bug on Wed night, left work early on Thursday and missed Friday. On Saturday, I ended up in the ER from dehydration, low potassium and a UTI. I have never, ever been that sick before. Worst experience ever. I spent all of yesterday trying to get caught up at work and went home and crashed for the night.
"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs

Re: Good morning!

• Oh man - that sounds awful.  I'm glad you are finally feeling better.  I"m exhausted and can't get any sleep.  My neck has been sore and I can't get comfortable, and when I finally do fall asleep Jocelyn wakes up.  2 days of lost sleep now, I'm dragging bad! 
  • I think that's a perfect excuse to make Mr. Stack buy you a massage ;)
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Morning.

I'm feeling torn today.  I want/need to go vote but I'm not very well prepared.  I know about the ammendments for the state but haven't had time to research any of the local candidates for school board, commissioner, etc. at all.  I haven't even really researched much on the major candidates for house and senate.  I just haven't had time.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Ugh - I know.  I've only asked for one at every holiday and birthday since we've been together.  Apparently my hints aren't good enough.  :)  He gives me nice massages, but I really think lately I need a chiropractor.  I just think my athlete days are catching up with me in my old age.  LOL.
  • I HATE THE CALLOUT WEBSITE. I HATE IT. HATE IT. HATE. IT.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • edited August 2010
    I think I'm going on strike until the other site is gone.
  • Isn't it more irresponsible to vote if you don't know the candidates? Not being snarky at all, I promise :)
  • Hello ladies!

Today is going to be a good day. The second week of school has proved to be a lot better than the first so far. Last week was just rough. H and I slept in both Sat and Sun which we haven't done in a while. Guess we both needed it.

louisvillebride: glad to hear you are feeling better :)

• I agree Fishy, it's mean spirited and just evil. As my mom would say "It's of the Devil" and then she would spit, My Big Fat Greek Wedding style.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:705ceb91-9dd7-45ac-8c10-e7f4cb494e25Post:3f6aab27-e7ac-4812-b512-17c2e79c19ce">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I HATE THE CALLOUT WEBSITE. I HATE IT. HATE IT. HATE. IT.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

YES.  Ditto this.  I think they're ridiculous and the fact that the person that made the site can't even identify themselves makes it that much more cowardly. 
  • LVB, that sounds awful. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Stacks, I can sympathize. My back feels like someone beat me with a steel pipe. I've been throwing hints like crazy too :)

Fishy, I want to kick someone in the teeth. It's blown up since last night and there have also been some pretty hateful trolls around.
  • LVB that sounds awful. I'm so glad you're better!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:705ceb91-9dd7-45ac-8c10-e7f4cb494e25Post:24b61b1c-0892-463a-928d-5e8d0302570c">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Isn't it more irresponsible to vote if you don't know the candidates? Not being snarky at all, I promise :)
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY why I'm torn. Is it worse to not vote or vote uniformed?  Of course, uninformed is worse to me but I feel badly about not being better prepared and being able to excercise my right to vote.  I guess I could just vote on what I'm comfortable with and leave everything else blank. Is that even possible?  I've never done that before.  Will they accept an incomplete ballot?

• Good Morning

H took me fishing today.  Yeah.  Now at least he can't ever say that I've never gone with him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:705ceb91-9dd7-45ac-8c10-e7f4cb494e25Post:4ebe3cde-b09b-4097-b0d7-fab15f3c45ce">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : This is EXACTLY why I'm torn. Is it worse to not vote or vote uniformed?  Of course, uninformed is worse to me but I feel badly about not being better prepared and being able to excercise my right to vote.  I guess I could just vote on what I'm comfortable with and leave everything else blank. Is that even possible?  I've never done that before.  Will they accept an incomplete ballot?
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

Yup, I've done that before.
  • Ya know, I can handle people saying shiit about me. Really, I can. I figure that's the chance you take when you post on a national message board, but someone out here is gonna get their feelings hurt good and proper, and that's just all sorts of fucked up.

If you haven't emailed Tumblr to get it removed, do it to it. I've sent two.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Good morning.

LVB, I'm glad you're feeling better.

I agree about the callout site.  I'm sending an email this morning, too.  It's disgusting.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:705ceb91-9dd7-45ac-8c10-e7f4cb494e25Post:5103ace9-13df-418b-93ec-626304edc7fc">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning H took me fishing today.  Yeah.  Now at least he can't ever say that I've never gone with him.
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

<div>I am 32 years old and I have never been fishing even once in my life. </div>
  • edited August 2010
    Morning! And holy crap, 3 pages on the callout site! Why can't we all just act like adults? This is beyond ridiculous.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:705ceb91-9dd7-45ac-8c10-e7f4cb494e25Post:7a39160b-1c9a-4f9d-b98d-efaadb58ce4a">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : I am 32 years old and I have never been fishing even once in my life. 
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

I went with FI and FBIL last year, on a boat.  I got seasick and didn't enjoy it at all.  Yes, I'm a wimp.  That's okay.  I'll embrace that.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I don't even mess with the callout site or KPS.  I suppose they could be entertaining but they just don't do it for me.

RE: voting
    yay!  That's what I'll do, then.  Thanks.  GUess I better get Baby Bee bathed and ready for an outing.

• I'm ashamed to say i responded to that second one about the cash bar thing.  It just irritates me because um, if you remember that happening, then you know the circumstances around it and why I couldn't actually have a dry wedding.
  • What's not to love about fishing? You're on a boat, got the radio on, beer in hand and a book in the other. What? That's MY form of fishing. I just go along for the boat ride :)
  • Manda, this is only the second time I've been fishing on purpose.  The first time I was salmon fishing, in Nov, in MI and got knocked over by one of the salmon.  And then it snowed overnight.

At least we were in a boat and I was able to be nice and quiet while I read my book.
  • Good morning! I'm here. And I'm pretty sure I hate the call out site too. Fishy, I'll report it with you. :)

Not to be an AW or anything, but I just thought I'd mention that I'm getting married in FOUR FREAKING DAYS!! Squeeeeetimesthreeee!

And LVB I'm glad you're feeling better!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:705ceb91-9dd7-45ac-8c10-e7f4cb494e25Post:ff9b5a8e-6a6d-46ca-a951-1ac9d40b6711">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! It's a rainy day here in DC and it's bringing me down. But I have my last dress fitting this weekend so that's exciting. And yes, the callout site is lame.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

<div>It is a rainy day, but c'mon- you gotta love that it's not even 80 degrees today. Finally! A day in DC when we're not all going to bake to death!</div>
  • I absolutely LOVE fishing.  It's full of so much awesomeness.  It's like serenity and sport all mixed into one.  How could you not love it? 

How exciting AK! 
  • oh LVB it was in a boat, on a lake, under a tree filled with mosquitos, or out in the blazing sun.  with NOTHING to do.

No booze either becasue H can not get a DUI and still keep his job.

• So I'm catching up on KPS and TKPSCO and TKPSCO2 and KPSFMLOMGWTF... seriously. Do we need to have a grammar lesson up in here? How hard is "their" vs. "there" vs. "they're"? Didn't we learn that in, like, 2nd grade?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards