• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Honeymoon

Travel Package Won at Bridal Show

We won a travel package at a Bridal show a couple years ago.  We won it thru World Adventures Travel.  Does anyone know anything about these guys?  I don't wanna book it for our honeymoon and then it be horrible!!  Anyone know anything about these guys?  Thank you in advance!!!

Re: Travel Package Won at Bridal Show

• vsgalvsgal member
    Eighth Anniversary 250 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper
    Google World Adventure Travel online.  You will have your answer. Most of the entries talk about scams.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Ugh... I am sorry to tell you this, but you got duped.
    Do not, I repeat DO NOT give this company any money!

Unfortunately almost anything you *win* at a bridal show is a scam of some kind.
    I can't even tell you how many times I've *won* something... but can only claim after I give credit card info, or sit through a 4 hour presentation, or subscribe to something, or refer 4 other people......
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• MedTecMedTec member
    10 Comments
    Totally true do not sign up for anything or send them any money. A total scam.
  • We had to sit thru a presentation on cook ware and we already did that.  I have the pamphlet in hand.  And they are not accredited by the BBB.  I think this is the end of this for us unfortunately!
  • Yeah, it's complete crap.  We did the whole pots and pans presentation thing and it was a complete waste of time.  That's the reason that when I actually DID win a free honeymoon, I thought it was a scam, too.... I entered a sweepstakes in Modern Bride magazine and won a free honeymoon... 8 days at Sandals Whitehouse, free airfare, all inclusive.... completely free.  We just got back on June 8th.  It was absolutely amazing!!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • If you have to sit through a presentation to claim something you "won," you didn't win anything at all.

We got about 10 of these calls during the planning process. They're all scams.
    image image image
  • Yeah, I think after the presentation, they give you like 3 free nights at a hotel.... who goes on their honeymoon to Mexico for only 3 days?  We walked out.  We had other companies calling saying the exact same thing, but I had to get my now husband on the phone to get them to stop calling because they wouldn't listen to me when I told them I wasn't interested.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards