Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Travel Package Won at Bridal Show

We won a travel package at a Bridal show a couple years ago.  We won it thru World Adventures Travel.  Does anyone know anything about these guys?  I don't wanna book it for our honeymoon and then it be horrible!!  Anyone know anything about these guys?  Thank you in advance!!!

Re: Travel Package Won at Bridal Show

• Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Google World Adventure Travel online.  You will have your answer. Most of the entries talk about scams.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    Ugh... I am sorry to tell you this, but you got duped.
    Do not, I repeat DO NOT give this company any money!

Unfortunately almost anything you *win* at a bridal show is a scam of some kind.
    I can't even tell you how many times I've *won* something... but can only claim after I give credit card info, or sit through a 4 hour presentation, or subscribe to something, or refer 4 other people......
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    MedTecMedTec member
    First Comment
    Totally true do not sign up for anything or send them any money. A total scam.
  • Options
    We had to sit thru a presentation on cook ware and we already did that.  I have the pamphlet in hand.  And they are not accredited by the BBB.  I think this is the end of this for us unfortunately!
  • Options
    Yeah, it's complete crap.  We did the whole pots and pans presentation thing and it was a complete waste of time.  That's the reason that when I actually DID win a free honeymoon, I thought it was a scam, too.... I entered a sweepstakes in Modern Bride magazine and won a free honeymoon... 8 days at Sandals Whitehouse, free airfare, all inclusive.... completely free.  We just got back on June 8th.  It was absolutely amazing!!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    If you have to sit through a presentation to claim something you "won," you didn't win anything at all.

We got about 10 of these calls during the planning process. They're all scams.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yeah, I think after the presentation, they give you like 3 free nights at a hotel.... who goes on their honeymoon to Mexico for only 3 days?  We walked out.  We had other companies calling saying the exact same thing, but I had to get my now husband on the phone to get them to stop calling because they wouldn't listen to me when I told them I wasn't interested.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards