Wedding Etiquette Forum

Let's talk about anything BUT Glee...

Re: Let's talk about anything BUT Glee...

• OH OKAY FISHY!!! :) I did not know how long I have to stay in newb territory. :)

I REALLY want to go to an all inclusive in Mexico but I do not think H does. He is half Mexican and grew up going to the border towns so he pretty much hates it there. He does want to go on a cruise though but probably not get off the ship :) I just really want one of those big Mexican margaritas that I am looking at in your sig.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-anything-but-glee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b3d45b8-df29-4e20-9a50-a01e3eed8ce8Post:4f10522f-2128-4aaa-9ddb-1ce4dc8c9997">Re: Let's talk about anything BUT Glee...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk about anything BUT Glee... : Oahu and Maui!!  Been there?  Suggestions?  We're going to be staying at the same resort the Emily did, and she said it was AWESOME! Rosie - I'm going to keep my middle name, too.  I really like my first and middle together.  So, bye-bye maiden name!
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

I have been to Maui and Oahu.  And we're actually going to Kuaui and Maui for our HM.  On Oahu, I took a surfing lesson, which I recommend in general.  FI spent more time on Oahu than me (he was working there), and he really recommends the North Shore.  I stayed at Waikiki when I was there, which was fun, but crowded.

We liked Maui more than Oahu.  Definitely do Mount Haleakala.  We loved it.  If you like sushi, eat at Sensei in Kapalua.  Do not eat at Cheeseburger in Paradise.  It's tempting, but don't do it.  Not sure if I have anything else.  I feel like we did all the really stereotypical things (Road to Hana, snorkeling, etc.), but we really liked it all.  I've heard that snorkeling at Molikini is overrated.
  • edited May 2011

It's so so so corny, I agree.  But it's so HAPPY and I love to sing along.  I own all the songs Embarassed

MrsB, have I ever told you my sister lives in Winter Springs?  ETA:  Or maybe she lives in Winter Park.  I get confused.  Why are there so many winter names in Florida??

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • that chick BUTCHERED adele's song.  it was awful.  awful.  i don't watch that show.  but, i did watch a clip of her singing.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • edited May 2011
    Hi there!  I am going to Mexico in December, but I'd really like to go in 6 days.  I also dislike Glee, I've tried giving it a chance but I only really like hearing the songs on the radio when they become popular.  The rest of the story line I can do without.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-anything-but-glee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b3d45b8-df29-4e20-9a50-a01e3eed8ce8Post:7e9d3606-8653-429d-93f9-f2ac342acfdd">Re: Let's talk about anything BUT Glee...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk about anything BUT Glee... : I have been to Maui and Oahu.  And we're actually going to Kuaui and Maui for our HM.  On Oahu, I took a surfing lesson, which I recommend in general.  FI spent more time on Oahu than me (he was working there), and he really recommends the North Shore.  I stayed at Waikiki when I was there, which was fun, but crowded. We liked Maui more than Oahu.  Definitely do Mount Haleakala.  We loved it.  If you like sushi, eat at Sensei in Kapalua.  Do not eat at Cheeseburger in Paradise.  It's tempting, but don't do it.  Not sure if I have anything else.  I feel like we did all the really stereotypical things (Road to Hana, snorkeling, etc.), but we really liked it all.  I've heard that snorkeling at Molikini is overrated.
    Posted by Meg1036[/QUOTE]

GREAT STUFF!!

We're renting a convertible on Maui to do the Road to Hana and what not.  Have you ever taken a helicopter ride?  We're contemplating doing it, although it'll be expensive. 

I'll keep that Cheeseburger in Paradise non-rec in mind.  FI absolutely LOVES cheeseburgers.  I like sushi on the other hand.  Mmmmmm
  • That's it, too, Mands.

They fucking butcher really good songs.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-anything-but-glee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b3d45b8-df29-4e20-9a50-a01e3eed8ce8Post:947f57db-edcb-42cd-93b3-a977de0115b3">Re: Let's talk about anything BUT Glee...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>If, on Bones, they kill off Angela or Hodgins, I'm DONE!  That would be theeee end for me! </strong>Fishy- enjoy Mexico, as I'm sure you will.  I'm counting down to wedding then Hawaii.  Both FI and I have to ditch the last of our head colds though or no scuba diving for us! 
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

<div>They can't kill Angela or Hodgins, think about the baby! That would just be cruel. </div>
  • :looks at rosie:

I'm in flip flops 98% of the time.  So my "shoes" are almost always off.  I'm sitting Indian style on my chair, you can't do this right unless your shoes are off.  Leave me alone. Tongue out
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I have been to Lana'i and Maui. I would totally pick everything up and move to Lanai if we could. There is like 2000 people on the whole island, no one on the beach, and there is so much cool hiking and exploring areas. I want to go back right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-anything-but-glee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b3d45b8-df29-4e20-9a50-a01e3eed8ce8Post:8c9a7043-da9b-48db-9277-69d24938c3bb">Re: Let's talk about anything BUT Glee...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk about anything BUT Glee... : GREAT STUFF!! We're renting a convertible on Maui to do the Road to Hana and what not.  Have you ever taken a helicopter ride?  We're contemplating doing it, although it'll be expensive.  I'll keep that Cheeseburger in Paradise non-rec in mind.  FI absolutely LOVES cheeseburgers.  I like sushi on the other hand.  Mmmmmm
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

I have not done the helicopter ride.  It's on my honeymoon to-do list though, because I hear it's awesome.
  • I think it's going to be the DA that gets bumped. Or Sweets. Or that realy creepy guy that took over for the other really creepy genius guy.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • If they kill of Angela or Hodgins, I'm going to go postal.

The Margarita Evolution
  • My money is on Sweets or an intern. But do interns really count as main characters?
  • I'm a gleek partly because I wish my real life was a musical sometimes.  

I have shoes on. they're pretty cute.  I need new ones though because I wear these every. day.  

Hi Fishy, we haven't met...I'm a newb here. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE SWEETS.

HI LAUREN. You sure are pretty. And you're dog is cute, too!

The Margarita Evolution
  • Mandy I definitely was not a fan of the arrangement they did for Adele's song.  They don't usually change them that much.  The only other one I remember being completely changed is Poker Face, but I LOVE the version they did.  More than the Gaga version.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate wearing shoes.  I much prefer being barefoot.  Or wearing socks, especially fuzzy ones in the winter time.
  • I not a fan of Glee either.

For the good news, I am moving this weekend! Whoo! Cannot.wait.
  • Maybe I just need to watch it WITH someone who really likes it. Sometimes that changes it for me.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I've found I don't like most of the popular shows.  I never got into American Idol, either.
  • B - North or South of Mickey? My Granny went to Dunnellon schools back in the 30s and 40's! WEIRD! If you go north of Rainbow Springs a bit, you come to come weird brick looking silo things on your right, and mom and dad are in that area - it's called Romeo. I'm always surprised at how many people know of Dunnellon.

Kiki - I used to live in Winter Garden in FL. There really ARE a lot of winter names, I think it's b/c it's where snow birds come in the Winter.
  • Hate glee also. Wearing these new shoes today for the first time. They arrived yesterday.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-anything-but-glee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b3d45b8-df29-4e20-9a50-a01e3eed8ce8Post:07d65d57-97c7-4136-a1ef-6542d8b70224">Re: Let's talk about anything BUT Glee...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's so so so corny, I agree.  But it's so HAPPY and I love to sing along.  I own all the songs MrsB, have I ever told you my sister lives in Winter Springs?  ETA:  Or maybe she lives in Winter Park.  I get confused.  <strong>Why are there so many winter names in Florida??
    </strong>Posted by RobotLegs[/QUOTE]

Cause they don't have a REAL one so they had to do something. haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I bet that would do it. You gotta get in on the hype to fully appreciate it. And then there's a lightbulb moment and you say OMYGODILOVEGLEE! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're SO MAD at Fox. They're getting rid of literally every show we watch on there. Idol (just over for the season), Traffic Light, Breaking in and Chicago Code. What the frack? This leaves us with just Bones and House.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • LVB, I just read yesterday that Hugh Laurie is calling next season of House his last, too. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-anything-but-glee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b3d45b8-df29-4e20-9a50-a01e3eed8ce8Post:b9cda838-4b88-4bc2-8133-02886e64f4d0">Re: Let's talk about anything BUT Glee...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're SO MAD at Fox. They're getting rid of literally every show we watch on there. Idol (just over for the season), Traffic Light, Breaking in and Chicago Code. What the frack? This leaves us with just Bones and House.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Not Chicago Code??? Really??? **running to find tissue for my tears**

I felt the same way when 24 went off but I hear there is a movie coming out next year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Guys,

It's not gonna be Angela or Hodgins.  There are pics of them shooting the finale (when Angela has the baby).

Deep breaths!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards