Not Engaged Yet

WR - Questions for a Venue, Update PIP

Bob and I are going to visit our first venue today. We REALLY want this one! <- clicky

I  have a small list of questions, but I feel like I'm missing something:
- What is included?
- Do they offer discount meals for children and vendors?

Yea, pretty small list. Help?

P&R, but I'll be checking from my phone. Thanks so much! 
--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: WR - Questions for a Venue, Update PIP

• I think it's lovely. Sorry...don't know what questions to ask!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• It's so pretty! 

I would ask

Is there a minimum or maximum?
    How much is tax & gratuity?
    Is there a bridal suite?

My brain isn't functioning so well this morning & I can't think of what other questions I asked when we were looking.  I will come back if I remember others!

Good luck!

• Well its mainly a break down of what is included.

Do they offer cake cutting service?
    Do you need to pay for the liquor licence?
    What times do I have access to the ball room?
    Do you offer any chair covers or other decorations?
    Do you restrict any open flames?

that all I can think of, I am sure the other ladies will have more
  • Pretty!

Other questions- how long do you get the room, can you add on extra hours before or after if you want more time, do you have access to the room to decorate the day before or morning of, who is responsible for set up/tear down of the room, is there an event coordinator.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Ask if they require you to use any particular vendors.

Ask if there is any flexibility on the venue fee.  (I asked and saved myself 2k.)

Ask how many hours you have the venue for.  Don't just assume you have it for the night/day.

Ask if there is someone the venue appoints to see that things run smoothly.

• You do know that I'll be crashing, right?

Anyway, I have a huge list of venue questions in my email if you want it.  Just PM me your email address.  It's way too long to C&P here.
  • PPs have pretty much covered the basics. Chances are, if it's a good venue and they have their sh!t together, they'll answer most of those questions without you even asking. 

If you end up getting a quote (which lots of venues do the day of your meeting), look over it carefully. A caterer we were looking at before we ended up with the venue we chose (that includes catering), left a whole bunch of stuff we discussed off the quote which made it look cheaper than it would have been.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Can I just say I love you all? Thanks so much! The visit went smoothly and we're really excited. We really really want this one, but Bob wants to look around to make sure we know it's the one. 

And Elle, I expect nothing less than the best. :) 

And now, pictures. 
    The room, set up for lunch service. We'd have round/square tables and a dance floor in the middle. 

The view. The middle building is Bob's favorite building in Downtown. It was rainy and gross, but still so beautiful. 

Another view of the room from the back corner.

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • What other places does Bob want to see?

I'm just curious, since I looked at soooo many.
  • Bella Ellagante
    The Hilton on campus at UH
    The Majestic Metro
    The Magnolia Hotel

I think those are all we have scheduled... The Petroleum Club is by far the cheapest, from the prices we've recieved from Bella and The Magnolia and what the UH Hilton has listed. 

And did I mention the Petroleum Club is beautiful? Yea, I love it. 

Which venues did you look at?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wr-questions-for-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e6ea2630-29b2-4d53-a0ee-fb42c0711df1Post:f9adfade-54a9-4b01-981c-d895afad9be8">Re: WR - Questions for a Venue, Update PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bella Ellagante The Hilton on campus at UH The Majestic Metro The Magnolia Hotel I think those are all we have scheduled... The Petroleum Club is by far the cheapest, from the prices we've recieved from Bella and The Magnolia and what the UH Hilton has listed.  And did I mention the Petroleum Club is beautiful? Yea, I love it.  Which venues did you look at?
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Let's see....

The Houston Zoo
    Museum of Natural Science
    Hotel Derek
    The Alden
    Tuscany Villa
    Agave Road
    A garden place in Spring that I can't remember the name of right now
    Villa Rinata

And several more that I also can't remember the names of.

Picking a venue was a really miserable process for me.
  • That is beautiful!  :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wr-questions-for-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e6ea2630-29b2-4d53-a0ee-fb42c0711df1Post:148a1cb3-2a17-4b52-a11a-9eb8abce67c2">Re: WR - Questions for a Venue, Update PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WR - Questions for a Venue, Update PIP : Let's see.... The Houston Zoo Museum of Natural Science Hotel Derek The Alden Tuscany Villa Agave Road A garden place in Spring that I can't remember the name of right now Villa Rinata And several more that I also can't remember the names of. Picking a venue was a really miserable process for me.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>I didn't think I would be this picky. I don't want anything outdoors, which is 60% of all the venues. And it needs to be either in Downtown or in Midtown. Those are difficult to find. </div><div>
    </div><div>Where did you end up booking? I have a feeling the wedding dress shopping is going to be the worst process evar. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks raven!! I am really hoping this is the one. :)</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards