Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Post-Off Contest: How Will You Wear Your Hair on Your Wedding Day?

We’re having a post-off contest on this board from now until 11:59 p.m. Thursday, May 3.

To enter, post your responses below to the following question: How will you wear your hair on your wedding day? (Pics of hair styles or hair trials are welcome, but not necessary to enter.)

We’ll pick 5 winners at random from the replies and send them a copy of the novel Running of the Bride by Rachel Eddey.

You do not need to include any personal information in your reply. Just reply below and we will contact the winners privately via the email they used to login to the site. Entries that do not answer the question will not be considered.

To read the official rules, click here.

Re: Post-Off Contest: How Will You Wear Your Hair on Your Wedding Day?

• I have long brown, fairly straight hair, and while I (and my fiance) love it down, I think a more classicl look up would be more appropriate for our wedding. I've decided to compromise with a low, loose bun on one side. Out of the way, classy but whimsical.
  • I have not finalized my hair yet, but idealy my hair will be up in an elegant, yet comfortable setting with my banges framing my face. My veil will be tucked above my hair.
  • I purchased a Jessica Simpson hair extension and am wearing my hair in a low messy chignon. I have a feather hairpiece to accent the bun since I am not having a veil. I had my trial last weekend and it turned out perfect!
  • I have the most beautiful galina signature wedding dress, so to compliment the dress that compliments my body shape I plan on wearing my hair pulled up at the top, and the bottom hang down in beautiful loose waves. And to accent my hair wear a gorgeous white diamonded headband with my cathedral veil.
  • I have long curly hair that my fiance loves to see down and flowing. I will wear the front up to show my face and sport my tiara then have all of my curls going down my back :)
  • I'm wearing my hair down, but with half of it up with a birdcage veil. I have naturally curly hair and this will great for pictures. Plus my future husband loves when I wear it down :.
  • I am going to wear my hair up but have all of it in rollers, curled then pinned up with a cute diamond clip in the back. It will be loosly up and I am wearing a Veil. I havent decided to wear the Veil on top or under yet. :) Can't wait!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_hair-411-pantene_post-off-contest-how-will-you-wear-your-hair-on-your-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:f05386ae-e822-4076-916f-0d897a736679Discussion:6b8b0681-f2d7-4e04-80a6-a2001a47b9a3Post:4dda4df1-8b66-490c-a6ff-ccb69b11cbbd">Post-Off Contest: How Will You Wear Your Hair on Your Wedding Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We’re having a post-off contest on this board from now until 11:59 p.m. Thursday, May 3. To enter, post your responses below to the following question: How will you wear your hair on your wedding day? (Pics of hair styles or hair trials are welcome, but not necessary to enter.) We’ll pick 5 winners at random from the replies and send them a copy of the novel Running of the Bride by Rachel Eddey. You do not need to include any personal information in your reply. Just reply below and we will contact the winners privately via the email they used to login to the site. Entries that do not answer the question will not be considered. To read the official rules, click here.
    Posted by Knot Michelle[/QUOTE]
  • I will be wearing my hair half up  with lots of curls and a sparkly headband  so that when i take my veil off it still is but together. There willl be lots of gathering with a small bump to give it some wow.
  • I'm wearing a feathered fascinator veil, so my hair will be styled in a sleek, low side bun!
  • I will be wearing my hair in deep soft curls with one side pinned up with a very stylish diamond pin!all natural hair
  • I have been debating this since I started planning the wedding (and it's still over a year away).  I keep my hair long, and since it's a July wedding, an up-do will probably make sense, but I also like the way my hair frames my face.  I like natural looks, things that don't take too much fussing or product to maintain.  I don't want to have to worry about my hair all night; it should not be the biggest concern.  I like soft, loose braids or ringlets.
  • I will be wearing my long, brown hair in giant loose curls with a white gardenia flower (http://www.etsy.com/listing/76560248/bridal-antique-white-flower-hair-clip?ref=&sref=) hair piece the hold back the heavier side of my hair (the left side which is where my hair is mainly parted). I also have a lace veil to match my wedding dress that I will wear during the ceremony only. I am SO excited to be married. 26 more days! :)

May 26, 2012 - The day I become Mrs. Clayton!
  • I have long (still growing out until the wedding) blonde straight hair and am wearing it half up with long curls.  The half up will be pulled back on one side with a modern braid and my veil tucked up underneath! Curls also framing my face
  • I'm getting married on Saturday and still have not decided...panic!!!!  I tried several ways to dress it up but leave it down (fiance request).  It feels forced and not like me.  I think I will go with long curls and pull it away from my face with a comb holding back.  Then add some pearls along the front.
  • keena28keena28 member
    First Comment

My hair will be curly, with half of it up and half of it down. Ill also have a tiara and veil

• I have a dress that has one strap. I would like to wear my hair to the opposite side. Not sure if I want it up or just in a loose kind of ponytail. With a flower or something sparkly :)
  • Side ponytail with curled extensions...then for the reception my hairstylist is going to flip it into a sexy ponytail
  • I'm wearing mine in an up-do. I want to try to make it like Cinderella's hair in the Disney movie. (Even though I'm brunette. lol)I'm going for a regal, fairytale look.
  • keena28 I'm doing mine the same but I haven't found any pictures of exactly what I want yet. Do you have any?
  • My hair is about down to the middle of my back. Im wearing half up and half down with lots of curls. I just switched my veil to a long one for a little more drama! Can hardly wait!
  • I have fairly thin hair. At the beginning of college, I cut it pretty short and loved it. But I am very weird about having it down since it's so fine. I'm always worried it looks messed up. So I'm growing it out for our wedding so I can put it up in a loose bun/updo look. We are having an outside wedding too. So the last thing I want is to be constantly looking for my brush!
  • I'm going to wear it half up with long loose flowy curls and a diamondy clip holding it all together. (: Simple and beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards