Not Engaged Yet

v-day

Okay aside from holding my breath waiting to see if he is going to make the day the best day of my freaking life, I have to get hime something!  I want to get him something sweet,  something personalized. Idk I can't think of anything I have been racking my brain for like a week and half! He doesn't wear jewlery or anything like that.  He is a southern boy how likes to hunt and fish lol.  I would love to come up with something that I could engrave a little something in that he can keep....... Or something just different I so started to make him a game.  Some site you can make a loveoply that you make everything up or something it looked really cool it would have been funny, but you couldn't see it before they made so I changed my mind.........Help please
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: v-day

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ugh I find V-Day guy gifts soooo hard to figure out. There is always the fallback "bake him something". But like lovey-dovey guy stuff? You have to personalize it. Shooting range reservations?
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    My BF's getting the boxed set of 30 for 30 (it's an ESPN series) - it's pretty amazing, lol.  That's pretty lovey-dovey I think.  Frankly, we celebrate the super bowl more than vday in our house :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I got my BF a new wallet and a book that's been wanting for a long time for his birthday. I'm super excited to give it to him. I don't usually get him something for Valentine's Day. We usually make dinner together and just have a nice relaxing evening at home.

• msjenna519msjenna519 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Things remembered has pocket knives or multi-purpose tools that you can have engraved.
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    If you really want to get something engraved, the store Things remembered sells (and engraves) "manly stuff" like measuring tape and other little tools. Another thoghtful option if you're handy enough would be to sew him something. They make some really cute John Deere fabrics.
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help with the personalized stuff.  FI is getting food and sex for V-day...lol.  That's always a winner in my book :)
    Anniversary
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what I'm getting Josh, but he blurted out that he was thinking of getting me Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 for V-day. He really wants the arcade joystick/setup thing for MVC3, so maybe I'll get that for him if he gets me MVC3. 

Just get him something he likes or wants, even if it's not romantic.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bdea9e84-bf20-4f21-aa9a-bc3309d0be5bPost:d83b048a-85b8-4c7f-a861-a4c2126ea718">Re: v-day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm no help with the personalized stuff.  FI is getting food and sex for V-day...lol.  That's always a winner in my book :)
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Definitely the ultimate V-day gift :)

• Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BF is getting the watch that I'm dying to give him NOW.

The jeweler just called me today.  I already got the watch back, but they had to call Bulova to get a quote on replacing the crystal.  $75 plus shipping and tax.  That's JUST for the part, and I have to send it to Tennessee to a jeweler there, because my jeweler says it's out of his realm.

Yeah...I'm not doing that.  I got the band fixed and all the scuffs buffed off it.  That's enough.

Now I need Vday to hurry up and get here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys, I think I am going to just go to Victoria Secret and be done with it! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, lingerie is my go to gift for V-day. Victoria's Secret has been sending me tons of emails lately too, so I bet they have some great new stuff. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bdea9e84-bf20-4f21-aa9a-bc3309d0be5bPost:78923219-c1ff-4a39-b48e-ffb0531f3ee6">v-day</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Okay aside from holding my breath waiting to see if he is going to make the day the best day of my freaking life, I have to get hime something! </strong> I want to get him something sweet,  something personalized. Idk I can't think of anything I have been racking my brain for like a week and half! He doesn't wear jewlery or anything like that.  He is a southern boy how likes to hunt and fish lol.  I would love to come up with something that I could engrave a little something in that he can keep....... Or something just different I so started to make him a game.  Some site you can make a loveoply that you make everything up or something it looked really cool it would have been funny, but you couldn't see it before they made so I changed my mind.........Help please
    Posted by samantha1008[/QUOTE]

Please don't go into Valentine's day with such high expectations. In my experience, when this happens, and he tries his hardest, and doesn't meet those "best day of my freaking life" expectations, then the date is ruined, and I, personally, pout for the rest of the night. Last v-day, we had just gone ring shopping, and I thought for sure I'd get a ring. Instead, he bought me this AWFUL silver necklace that is as thick as a shoelace. I wear very dainty, small jewelry. He had a whole night planned, and because I was still mad about the necklace, I ruined the rest of the evening. Try not to set the expectations so high, and just enjoy the date.

That being said, I have no clue what to get my FI for v-day this year. We combine his birthday and v-day together. I was going to get him a GPS watch, but he told me not to spend the money on it, since we are saving for a wedding. I'll probably get him his favorite candy and maybe a day of skiing together at one of the local resorts. Why are guys so hard to buy for?
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    FI is getting a hug and kiss from me this year, and that's all I'm promising.  If I'm feeling exceptionally in the spirit, I may spring for a card and some candy, but that will be it.

On the other hand, FI has promised me that an "extra-special" Valentine's Day, but if some of you remember my stories about Valentines-past, you'll know why I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • orangecrush32orangecrush32 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bf and I discussed Valentines. I asked him what he would like..he told me that he doesn't want anything..which I know is a lie because he always talks about things he wants (I just can't remember them! Some weird tv series I've never heard of and some game.). I hate how he can't just be like 'yes, I want stuff.' Ugh. I went shopping today and looked around and nothing struck me as something he would like. I'm hoping I happen upon something before Valentines. If not, then I guess he'll just get dinner and like it. :p
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't do v-day, so I don't have to worry about it! BF was too bitter about life when we started dating, and v-day on exacerbated that, so we didn't celebrate, and still don't. It's kind of a relief not to have to come up with another gift between Christmas and his birthday (March).

I agree with PPs that going into a store that specializes in things that can be engraved will probably be your best bet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • edited December 2011
    My BF and I aren't really v-day people either, but this year I came across something and couldn't help myself.  I ended up getting him a kitschy kind of cross-stitched plaque that says "I like you & think you're neat."  Cheesy, I know, but I couldn't resist.  I think it has the right mix of humour and sarcasm for him.  I know he got me some kind of jewelry, but I'm not sure what - I told him he wasn't allowed to outspend me and I only spent $15 on him, so I guess we'll see!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:bdea9e84-bf20-4f21-aa9a-bc3309d0be5bPost:20d487f0-1402-49ee-9956-463d324c2c1b">Re: v-day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to v-day : Please don't go into Valentine's day with such high expectations. In my experience, when this happens, and he tries his hardest, and doesn't meet those "best day of my freaking life" expectations, then the date is ruined, and I, personally, pout for the rest of the night. Last v-day, we had just gone ring shopping, and I thought for sure I'd get a ring. Instead, he bought me this AWFUL silver necklace that is as thick as a shoelace. I wear very dainty, small jewelry. He had a whole night planned, and because I was still mad about the necklace, I ruined the rest of the evening. Try not to set the expectations so high, and just enjoy the date. That being said, I have no clue what to get my FI for v-day this year. We combine his birthday and v-day together. I was going to get him a GPS watch, but he told me not to spend the money on it, since we are saving for a wedding. I'll probably get him his favorite candy and maybe a day of skiing together at one of the local resorts. Why are guys so hard to buy for?
    Posted by Ember01[/QUOTE]
    Thank you for that, yea I know that I need to go into not expecting it.  I know how I am and it won't matter if he plans some really sweet evening, as long as there isn't a ring. So I am trying my hardest just to not think about, so that I can enjoy.  I don't want to a little ungrateful brat, that I know I can be! Haha so thank you I needed to hear that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards