August 2012 Weddings

So sick of wedding planning!

Is anyone else sick to death of wedding planning?  I am happy we are less than two months away because that means I'll be free of wedding stress!  Since the beginning I wanted to elope and I hate all of this stupid stress associated with pleasing my mother in law, and being nice, and having my fiancé be happy about our wedding and be ok with the invitation list and omg I'm so sick of it all.  I just want the day to be here and all of this other crap to be over.  I'm so sad we didn't just run away and be done with it :( Anyone else feeling stressed and wanting it to be over yet?

Re: So sick of wedding planning!

• edited June 2012
    I def. have been avoiding some major things left on my list the past few weeks. I think for me it is stress with it being the end of a financial quarter at my works and I am mentally drained. Did you have a long engagement? It could be you are just burned out from it all. Try not to loose site of what is important, the wedding is one day in a lifetime with your fiance.
    Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • I am feeling the same way.  I definitely have become more moody and testy these last few months.  I am also happy that the end is coming in 44 days...OMG! but I also am excited for it. We had a long engagement so it feels like I have been planning our wedding FOREVER.
    It will come quickly but also remember to charish the day when it comes.  It will all be worth it in the end and I am sure we will be sad when it is over.
    Good Luck also :)

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#1 ? 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD ? MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

• edited June 2012
    I had like a total break down in planning like around the 3-4 month mark. I just didn't want anything to do with wedding stuff and I kept looking at all the wedding website and everyone was so happy and it was all so perfect and I think I was jealous and overwhelmed because I didn't think mine was going to be half as good as theirs. So finally when it got closer to the date I was starting to get excited again and planning and doing last minute diy projects. Actually, I during that slump in planning I tried to do my day of timeline and I just couldn't stand the thought of it, or looking at it, and I just busted it out in a day (that stupid thing took forever, but I'm extremely detailed, like OCD style) and I felt so good afterward, it's wonderful having that done and the list of everything we need to bring with us! I really just want it to get here at this point! I'm done! 
  • i still am having a great time wedding planning..... but we're also closing on a house, gutting/renovating the kitchen and trying to move in all before August.  So, with ALL of that going on -- i'm so ready to be done with wedding planning. haha

Just try to remember that everything that's going on is for a GOOD reason and a HAPPY occasion.  Break large projects down into smaller manageable steps, take one day at a time, and remember to relax with FI when you can =)
  • I'm getting married on the other side of the country, so we had to get a ton done before we actually fly out there. Funny thing is that I'm stressed out because so much is done and I feel like I should be doing something!!
  • I'm right there with you! FI wanted the big Catholic wedding. I wanted to run off to Paris. It would have been CHEAPER and we would have actually gotten a honeymoon!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think this is partly my problem too... we are super organized on everything already but I feel like I should still be doing more just so it's perfect.  Like maybe I need more details or decor or something, but at the same time I don't want that stuff at all.  I hope after the wedding is over I don't feel lost and withdrawl... I never wanted to be the kind of bride that I've become!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_so-sick-of-wedding-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:f3dc67a2-1de6-4e7b-9643-449adebbcb6dPost:9473c148-6624-49be-9029-d2b95c90488c">Re: So sick of wedding planning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married on the other side of the country, so we had to get a ton done before we actually fly out there. Funny thing is that I'm stressed out because so much is done and I feel like I should be doing something!!
    Posted by Handrbailey[/QUOTE]
  • I know exactly what you mean. I am already starting to have a meltdown. I am so ready for the freaking day to come already. I think the stress is getting to me also because I think i feel a pair of horns and a tail growing >.<
    Anniversary
  • Same here. Yesterday I actually started crying out of nowhere. I feel like my life has turned into nothing but wedding. When I try to forget about it and focus on something else, I have someone either ask me about it or remind me that there's yet another thing I haven't completed. To top it all off, I keep having these wedding nightmares. I think I'm just exhausted.
    8-26-12-1-1 8-26-12-2
  • Hey tiggapoo12 I see we have the same date :)  Where in DFW are you getting married.  I hope it doesn't get much hotter either.  All of my OOT guests are going to freak when they land if it does ..haha

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#1 ? 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD ? MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

• kap617kap617 member
    First Comment
    I'm with all of you.  I'm also really sick of wedding planning and getting really frustrated about trying to get stuff done.  I'm having a hard time getting the church to give me direction about what needs to be in the ceremony program, my mom is going a little momzilla-y, and my FMIL (whom I love dearly.. as well as my own mother) marches to the beat of a different drummer and is sooooo slooooow in the tasks she insisted in taking "off my plate" to "help" me.  It's not helping at all if she isn't doing anything!  It's just stressing me out!

Good thing the wedding is soon, because I wouldn't be surprised if my hair started growing in grey after all this!

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • me me and me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 37 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yes! We had a short engagement and small wedding and I am so ready to be done. Weddigns are not my thing! Can not wait for the honeymoon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards