July 2012 Weddings

Be careful knotties..!

Thank goodness for you girls!! Whew! I just gotta say, sometimes wandering off this board is NOT a good idea. There are some really mean girls out there!! I don't know if it's becoming trendy, but there are a lot of knotties who seem to lurk around just to be nasty to others. And poor first time bride who might have asked a silly question! Fortunately, this hasn't happened to me but it's really nice to know we're all friendly here and won't be harrassed for asking, apparently, the wrong question. So I recommend watching out and reading a bit before you post on a new board. Happy Monday girls! Have a good day!! :D

Re: Be careful knotties..!

• I really only post on this board, but yeah I have heard about rudness on others.  I lurk on others and at times it has kept me from posting on some boards.
  • I noticed that when I was on some of the other boards!  There's no need to shoot down someone and call them names.  RIDIC.  Anyway, I only post on our board, and I'm glad to have you ladies, too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • the worst  one is Wedding Woes.  It's a bunch of Nesters that got married 5 or so years ago and hang out there to torture the new knotties with really mean comments. I only go on this board, my local board and the christian board.  No mean comments on those!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Yeah you will notice the same people usually stick to the same boards.  So you really have to be careful what you ask because you will 100% get honest opinions.  But I do have to say sometimes I lurk the trouble in paradise board and it can be entertaining at times.  I do have to say too that I have seen some pretty crazy posts from some crazy brides too. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • i'm visiting from the aug 2012 board... and i agree!

i do think its tough because weddings are so personal, and there are SOOOOO many ways to plan/have one.  Ideas/morals are bound to clash and result in words exchanged.

Personally, i'm a fan of being drama free and realizing that everyone has their own vision for their special day! =)
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_careful-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acfe9983-26cd-49f9-a54f-0576b0e1bee3Post:9ea40868-9749-4472-83bf-4fb69051edb0">Re: Be careful knotties..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm visiting from the aug 2012 board... and i agree! i do think its tough because weddings are so personal, and there are SOOOOO many ways to plan/have one.  Ideas/morals are bound to clash and result in words exchanged. Personally, i'm a fan of being drama free and realizing that everyone has their own vision for their special day! =)
    Posted by gymbugmj2k[/QUOTE]

I hear ya gymbug! And welcome! Lol! I think I visited your board once out of curiosity.. overall I think wedding month boards are mostly friendly.. it's some of those topic boards that get out of hand!
  • honestly sometimes my local board i'd feel like people could get rude... Maybe it was just because when i'd post, I had my wedding ticker showing almost two years until my wedding. no excuse to be mean though!! SO grateful all the girls on here are so wonderful :)
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_careful-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acfe9983-26cd-49f9-a54f-0576b0e1bee3Post:db1a5704-b3cb-4584-8e2c-deb853d03c97">Re: Be careful knotties..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]honestly sometimes my local board i'd feel like people could get rude... <strong>Maybe it was just because when i'd post, I had my wedding ticker showing almost two years until my wedding</strong>. no excuse to be mean though!! SO grateful all the girls on here are so wonderful :)
    Posted by kaleighf[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't get that?! You'd think other brides would totally get doing things early and on time!! Really annoying...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_careful-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acfe9983-26cd-49f9-a54f-0576b0e1bee3Post:db1a5704-b3cb-4584-8e2c-deb853d03c97">Re: Be careful knotties..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]honestly sometimes my local board i'd feel like people could get rude... Maybe it was just because when i'd post, I had my wedding ticker showing almost two years until my wedding. no excuse to be mean though!! SO grateful all the girls on here are so wonderful :)

<div>That's so true I have seen a few get nasty on this board also but 98% of the knotties are really sweet thank heavens for that. We are all in the same boat where our wedding is this year or 2 years away all we want is advise and support :-)</div>
    Holiday
  • I agree with all of you as well. No drama on this board thank God :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_careful-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acfe9983-26cd-49f9-a54f-0576b0e1bee3Post:21f9fc67-757d-4465-a300-38dbbc6cedec">Re: Be careful knotties..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]the worst  one is Wedding Woes.  It's a bunch of Nesters that got married 5 or so years ago and hang out there to torture the new knotties with really mean comments. I only go on this board, my local board and the christian board.  No mean comments on those!
    Posted by AllyG303[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>YES YES YES!!! I love this board and this board only. I can't stand those ladies that have been married forever and think they are the be all end all of weddings. I HATE IT!!! They are so nasty!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I tend to just post here and on my local board.  I lurk on other boards sometimes, but it seems either 1. Everyone asks the same questions and receives the same answers 2. The same people post on the same boards looking for the people in point #1 and get on their cases.  

When I start doing more of my DIY, I'll probably post there for tips and opinions.  That's about it, lol.

Gymbug, thanks for visiting!  If you ever decide to get married sooner, I hear July 2012 is a good month. ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • YAY to no drama!!!  Drama free Zone PLEASE!!!  I <3 you ladies!!!
  • Eh, I post on SB, E and CC and never had a problem. I also lurk on other boards. I've never encountered or seen any nastiness.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • But that's keeping in mind every board is different and there's a different "scene" I guess. Usually the people who get flamed are the ones who deserve it or resorted to "I feel sorry for your husband!111!!!1111"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_careful-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acfe9983-26cd-49f9-a54f-0576b0e1bee3Post:db1a5704-b3cb-4584-8e2c-deb853d03c97">Re: Be careful knotties..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]honestly sometimes my local board i'd feel like people could get rude... Maybe it was just because when i'd post, <strong>I had my wedding ticker showing almost two years until my wedding. </strong>no excuse to be mean though!! SO grateful all the girls on here are so wonderful :)

<div>
    </div><div>yes I don't get why just because my wedding is far away my oppinion is any less important....that one woman who has been married forever and has the "I've just been in a bad mood for 40 years."  is so so so mean..yuck </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]honestly sometimes my local board i'd feel like people could get rude... Maybe it was just because when i'd post, I<strong> had my wedding ticker showing almost two years until my wedding. no excuse to be mean though!! SO grateful all the girls on here are so wonderful :)</strong>

<div>
    </div><div>I will be excited when my ticker actually starts moving though!!! hahah </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A while back I posted on another board(well more of a vent) because I went to bridal show and saw two girls(who probably thought they were too good everyone) making fun of the runway show and the girls. I was like wth?! I posted my experience on one of the boards and let me tell you I got the meanest girls telling me off like you wouldn't believe. That was my last and only post about any sort of venting of any kind on any board.

So yes thank you ladies for being so nice and understanding!! :) You girls are the best! :)  JULY 2012 KNOTTIES! YAY!!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's funny too because when you think of it, what makes more sense....getting things done when time and money allows and having fun or planning close to your wedding and being unneccessarily jittery and stressed...personally, I'd rather risk getting the crazy face when I do ask questions or my FI and I schedule consults.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also a july 2012 bride=] i have been looking on the diy board alot cause i want to get some ideas on some projects like where to start and what to use and those ladies seem to be helpful. none of which are mean on that one. i have seen some girls get out of control with their opinions. i would just like to ask all of you ladies on here have any of you started doing any projects or getting certain things done for the wedding...and if you dont mind me asking what? just cause i dont want to start things too soon. you know?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_careful-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acfe9983-26cd-49f9-a54f-0576b0e1bee3Post:7a49d66d-1114-4a09-8182-29bb235d55f5">Re: Be careful knotties..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also a july 2012 bride=] i have been looking on the diy board alot cause i want to get some ideas on some projects like where to start and what to use and those ladies seem to be helpful. none of which are mean on that one. i have seen some girls get out of control with their opinions. i would just like to ask all of you ladies on here have any of you started doing any projects or getting certain things done for the wedding...and if you dont mind me asking what? just cause i dont want to start things too soon. you know?
    Posted by brittbritt69[/QUOTE]

I haven't started them yet but I plan on making magnet STDs with one of our engagement pics, a photo/frame cardbox and I plan on melting old records and turning them into bowls for part of the centerpieces on the table.

I haven't started any of these because I need ink for my printer first, I need to buy frames and the other stuff needed to build the frame box and I don't have a fan over my stove for ventilation so I have to wait until the summer so I can open windows and not get high from fumes.I also need my shiitty landlord to change my windows so I can actually open them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_careful-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acfe9983-26cd-49f9-a54f-0576b0e1bee3Post:7a49d66d-1114-4a09-8182-29bb235d55f5">Re: Be careful knotties..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also a july 2012 bride=] i have been looking on the diy board alot cause i want to get some ideas on some projects like where to start and what to use and those ladies seem to be helpful. none of which are mean on that one. i have seen some girls get out of control with their opinions. <strong>i would just like to ask all of you ladies on here have any of you started doing any projects or getting certain things done for the wedding...and if you dont mind me asking what? just cause i dont want to start things too soon. you know?
    Posted by brittbritt69[/QUOTE]</strong>

<div>
    </div><div>You should post this on the board so that all the 2012 girls can see it..I bet you'll get a good response</div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Make sure you never ask about a gap between the ceremony and reception...i did and wow...they were mean
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_careful-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acfe9983-26cd-49f9-a54f-0576b0e1bee3Post:ce69b7f5-b7f8-41d7-82ee-c3c297a1d8aa">Re: Be careful knotties..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Make sure you never ask about a gap between the ceremony and reception...i did and wow...they were mean
    Posted by katelyn26[/QUOTE]

I remember that post. To be fair, you went around calling people bitches, bridezillas, you were sorry for their husbands, said "fvck you" a billion times and then proceeded to put down other service men. You brought it on yourself.
  • I know a lot of it is because they get the same questions over and over. I'm not sure about today but you can look at the E board and see the same question asked 100s of times on the same page and every poster thinks they're "zomgz super spaychul!!11!1" meanwhile their question has been answered a thousand times in the other threads they don't bother to read.

It's also hard to figure out which posters are just being oversensitive. A lot of people, from what I've noticed, just want their bad ideas justified and get pissed off when they're told it's a bad idea. When I first started lurking on SB I thought "wow, some people are pretty harsh" but then I got to know many of the posters. I also learned what topics to avoid, think before I type and know that not everyone is going to agree.
  • Huzza for TK glitches *sigh*
  • Oo. I saw it too. No comments. BUT I will say, aside from this specific case, some regs do have habits of jumping on newbies and forget to just answer the question/ concern without the extra comments. And in their slight defense, I don't even think they realize they're used to doing it. But you gotta admit, some get out of hand on the little stuff. Not all, but a few. Unless the OP was thinking of doing something uber crazy, I just don't see the point of adding in extra unfriendly comments about the person. And I'm talking about before the OP bites back in some ocassions... when OPs jump back in, I've learned everything else goes downhill from there, and my point no longer counts.

Anyway, I like to stay clear from those threads and not get involved lol. Sooo I hope this doesn't start anything else either, seeing how that thread was never resolved...
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_careful-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acfe9983-26cd-49f9-a54f-0576b0e1bee3Post:2ba4325b-1b99-4d0b-aa51-f2377388ad93">Re: Be careful knotties..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I know a lot of it is because they get the same questions over and over. I'm not sure about today but you can look at the E board and see the same question asked 100s of times on the same page and every poster thinks they're "zomgz super spaychul!!11!1" meanwhile their question has been answered a thousand times in the other threads they don't bother to read.</strong> It's also hard to figure out which posters are just being oversensitive. A lot of people, from what I've noticed, just want their bad ideas justified and get pissed off when they're told it's a bad idea. When I first started lurking on SB I thought "wow, some people are pretty harsh" but then I got to know many of the posters.<strong> I also learned what topics to avoid, think before I type and know that not everyone is going to agree.
    </strong>Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

I'm in between. As a newbie I do think you've gotta learn to do a little research, read a bit and find out if your question has already been answered. And not even for the sake of avoiding getting chewed out... but just to be considerate. But on the reg side, why bother answering the same question for the billionth time? Esp if it annoys you? I have seen the repeat threads (and in the same day!! smh) and I just ignore them. I dunno, maybe it's me, but I just don't get that part. And yes, I've learned some hell raisers e.g. cash bars!!, fish centerpieces, gaps, no kids, not inviting a certain spouse/ partner, ditching BMs, WP requirements, address labels (that's a new one I learned just today! who would have known that was such a hot topic??!) haha and I'm sure there are more to come...!

Thanks for the post on SB though! ;-) I happen to be a fan of it myself, there's some hilarious girls on there. And you're right, I wasn't talking about that board specifically, I was more just annoyed with a few overly intense knotties not on any board in particular.

And ditto on the TK glitches! They're killing me! It's been going on for about a week already!!
  • I think a lot of it is the regs genuinely don't want people to look stupid at their wedding. A lot of people say they don't care what they do but to realize what OP in the thread wants to do is rude.  PP is a classic example of someone who just wants to be justified. Nobody was rude to her until she started throwing insults around. Someone justified her wedding gap and she went with that instead of the 10+ people telling her it's a bad idea.

I also think some of it is boredom when it comes to reading threads. There's been days where none of the boards are active and suddenly someone posts so everyone is just jumps on it.

I do think some people look for fights but it might be because I don't post on that board so that's how it come across when I read it. About 9/10 times though, the OP usually deserves the flame their about to get. There are exceptions obviously because things get taken out of context or people are just being cranky. I also mean once they start acting ridiculous for ex. calling Marines stupid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards