New York-Hudson Valley

gift for groom

hi ladies,
   dd any of you exchange gifts with your grooms? i am thinking of a watch or a fountain pen for mine..any other suggestions?

Re: gift for groom

• njdaisy86njdaisy86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah, I'm at a loss too.  He's been talking about a Taghauer, which will sting a little but I'm sure he felt the sting when he bought my engagement ring.
  • vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha i agree. i got him a tag for xmas a few years ago. we actually got it at macys and paid it off on a macys card over a year...something to think about, makes it more affordable.
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave DH a photo album of my B-pics.  It's the gift that keeps on giving :):)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Getting him a watch he's wanted for awhile.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We figured our honeymoon was our gift to each other and there was no reason to spend more money.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    we bought a house this past full and splurged a bit on our honeymoon so we aren't exchanging gifts.  We said we would buy ourselves a new tv as a gift after the wedding.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    i'm getting him a bottle of johnny walker blue for the reception, not sure what else i'm going to get him. i got him a nice watch a few years ago for xmas so he doesn't need a new one. he's so freaking difficult. 
  • edited December 2011
    We didnt do gifts bc right before we left on our honeymoon we bought our house so the vacation and the house were our gifts to eachother.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm giving him b-pics and probably mongrammed cufflinks depending on his tux ( going for the fitting tonight, finally!!)
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • edited December 2011
    I'm giving him a watch, not sure the brand yet though. I want it to be nice but not spend $1,000's either. I told him to buy me jewelry on our HM (he insists on me telling him what to get). I love buying jewelry on vacation and this way I dont have to feel bad about spending more then normal on it lol
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thanks ladies !

• edited December 2011
    Some people exchange their wedding rings as their gifts to each other. I know a couple who surprised each other with the inscriptions they chose for inside the band.
  • edited December 2011
    I had suggested writing letters, since he wrote to me after our early dates. But now it depends on if we have time. But neither of us has started writing yet! lol!

FI has so far gotten two of my b-pic pictures. I plan to give him a third picture this saturday. (I will see him in the morning. He has his bachelor party that night!)

I am giving him the album the first night of our honeymoon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards