June 2012 Weddings

Hi Ladies!

So I think we are all a little excited that there is actually a few of us that are planning for a summer 2012. I wanted to get a little poll going so that we can get to know each other.

Your name and your FI?

How did you two meet?

Date and location of wedding?

Have you started planning?

What are you looking forward to the most on your wedding day?

Re: Hi Ladies!

• Your name and your FI?
    My name is Stacy and my FI's name is Alfonso

How did you two meet?
    We both met while working for the same printing company, but we didn't start dating until after he left to become my competitor

We are planning for June 16 2012 in Los Angeles,CA

We have narrowed down our venue and guest list. And I have been searching through every bridal magazine and of our here for ideas

I am looking forward to being able to start our lives together as husband and wife and being able to share this great moment with all our family and friends. We are the first wedding on both sides of the family in a very very long time!
  • Hi Emily! I've been engaged over a year now and I still haven't done much. We are having a rather long engagement just so that we can save and have plenty of time to plan! Congrats on your recent engagement! I know everything will work out great for you and Andy!
  • Your name and your FI?
    -Lindsay and Paul

How did you two meet?
    -We met at a bonfire in April of 2007. We started talking over Myspace. But we were both too shy to make the first move. In June of 07 I was on vacation in Wisconsin so the day before I flew home I asked him to come hang out with some friends. We hung out the next day (July 1 2007) and have been together ever since.

-We are planning on a June 2, 2012 wedding. We have not yet reserved anything. But we know where we want to have it. We are going this summer to book it.

-We know everything we want. If that counts. He is a huge Detroit Tigers fan so that is our theme,

-Being introduced as husband and wife!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi Inlaveue!! Congrats on your engagement! My FI are huge Los Angeles Dodger fans so our theme is baseball. We are having our wedding at Dodger Stadium and will try to have some sort of baseball element into our wedding. I hope everything works out great for you and Paul!
  • Your name and your FI?
    Sarah and Matt :)
    How did you two meet?
    We actually met waaay back in middle school (smallish town here) and started dating in high school.
    June 16 2012. Haven't picked a location yet.
    Nope. I came on here shortly after we got engaged to look at ideas. Because I was totally excited, even if it is a 2 1/2 year engagement. Right now I'm just lookin at colors and such.
    I'm assuming you want something more than the "marrying my dream man and love of my life" kind of thing? Obviously that's number one. But I'm pertty excited about everyone being together to celebrate. Our families haven't really met each other. Our moms have but that's about it.
  • I am also not sure if I'll be a June 2012 bride exactly, but for sure summer 2012!

Your name and your FI?
    My name is Kelly and my FI is Michael

How did you two meet?
    We were actually set up on a blind date by my sister (who worked with my FI). Our first date was February 9th, 2008 and we got engaged on February 6th, 2010

Sometime in summer 2012. We'll be getting married in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.

A few things like colors and such. We've also started looking at reception venues. We live an hour apart and only see eachother on weekends, so that is the only time we have to go look at stuff together. And since I'm not from the area where we will be getting married I've been doing a lot of internet research.

I'm most looking forward to our first dance. Just being able to have that moment where I think it will really hit that we are husband and wife. Can't wait!
  • Thanks, Stacy!  Saving money is a big part of why we're waiting too.  For a house and a wedding!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest

•  thank you!!! and yes i love fairytales as much as the next girl lol. and my FI just surprised me and told me he got us a condo..... so we'll be living together, which will make everything so much easier. congrats to everyone else. yay june 2012 <3

• Your name and your FI?
    My name is April and FI's name is Jason.

How did you two meet?
    We met while working with each other. 

Our wedding is on June 23rd, 2012, and it will be in Sperry, Oklahoma.

Yes, I've been planing for a while now and I've even bought a few things.

I am looking forward to being husband and wife, and having a good time with our family and friends. 
  • Alicia- That is such a nice surprise! I hope it make wedding planning easier for you! FI and I also have a condo and it has made what little wedding planning I have started so much easier!

April- My FI and I also met while working today! Don't you just love inter office romances! lol

• Your name and your FI?
    nicole and jordan!

How did you two meet?
    we were on asb together in high school but didnt really hang out much then ran into eachother 2 yrs later in college and been together for 3 yrs now

june 9th 2012 not really sure of the location yet but somewhere in socal

omg everytime we think we have all the details done we change something haha

everything. walking down the aisle, seeing his face when he sees me in my dress, our first dance, and having our friends and family be there for the whole thing :)
  • Nicole- Congrats on your engagement! Yay another So Cal 2012 bride to be! I am in Los Angeles! 
  • Your name and your FI?
    I'm Ca're, my FI is Adam.

How did you two meet?
    We met at work. I had to quit once we started dating because he ewas the boss. :x

June 9th, 2012. It hopefully will be at Ella Sharp Park in Jackson, Mi.

In my head, yes, but nothing serious yet.

Getting married to the love of my life! I can't wait!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your name and your FI?
    My name is Tara and FI is Lou

How did you two meet?
    We met at a party my sorority was throwing for our new members crossing. I was the president, and he was the "friend from home" of our vice president. The tap for the keg we had borrowed from a frat was broken, and Lou fixed it. Clearly love at first site!

We're thinking June 1, 2012 at Crystal Point Yatch Club in NJ

Yes, we've decided on the colors, location, bridal party; but nothing is set in stone yet. We're hoping to book the reception by the end of the summer.

Right now, that it finally arrives!! Probably the day of it'll be more about being able to spend time with all of our friends and family and having an amazing celebration!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Your name and your FI?

My name is Katie and his name is Logan.

How did you two meet?

We met at our college, a small Christian college in the SC mountains. We were both on the same ministry team and we worked with a church youth group. I was dating someone else at the time but Logan always liked me :) After I broke up with whats his face, Logan and I started talking and the rest is hsitory. :)

We're looking at June 2nd in Myrtle Beach, SC

Somewhat. Really just talking about things, no set plans yet.

finally being able to call him my husband!!
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your name and your FI?
    my name is Alysia and my fiance's name is Justin

How did you two meet?
    we were working at mcdonalds together

June 15th 2012 the ceremony and reception will both be in an converted 1880 barn
    i have definatly started planning
    I am most looking forward to just being mrs. justin kuptz and my daddy walking me down the aisle

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your name and your FI?
    Emily and Andrew

How did you two meet?
    At a dance club in Virginia Beach

June 23, 2010---Virginia Beach, Virginia

No set reservations but Ive started putting ideas together

Seeing my fiance's face when I walk down the isle.
  • tara- where in nj are you getting married? 

• Your name and your FI?
    Kaitlyn (Kate) and FI is Brett

How did you two meet?
    I work in a local family restaurant and I caught his eye while working in the kitchen cooking.  He kept coming back to eat but also to see if the girl with the hazel eyes was working.  After a couple of months he asked a girl he played volleyball with that worked there to get my number for him.  He called me and asked me out so it was a half blind date.  An interesting side note is that the Valentines Day before I knew him and after he had noticed me, he was at the restaurant with family and I mistaking delivered a his salad to the wrong tableand never even knew it was him but I remember that day so clearly.

June 9, 2012 and the church I grew up in in a little town in central PA.

Well I do not have a ring on my hand but it is ordered and I know it will not be long.  I am a planner of everything so I cannot wait to be officially engaged to start putting everything that is in my head all in one place!

There is so much!  Mostly to be the wife of the man that makes me laugh and feel secure, but also all the other bride stuff- the dress, the ceremony, the feeling of being announced as man and wife!  I am also looking forward to the wedding night...
  • I'm hoping to be either a June or October 2012 bride but leaning more towards June right now! :)  

Your name and your FI?
    My name is Liz and my FI is Eric

How did you two meet?
    The last month of my senor year of HS I did an internship at the ambulance company that he was a paramedic at. I randomly was assigned to his crew for the day, and he asked me out to dinner that night. We have been together ever since and that was just over 5 years ago! We got engaged on our 5 year anniversary May 14 and decided to wait until 2012 so that I can finish nursing school and to save more money.

Either June or October 2012..still deciding...and its going to be in Buffalo NY, our hometown

Since I keep debating between fall or summer I keep changing my ideas lol! I've looked at colors for both seasons and idas for bridesmaid dresses and I've started to do a little looking for my dress. And looked at some venues

Honestly I'm looking forward to getting to walk down the aisle. Between finishing nursing school, planning a wedding for 2 years and living away from where we're getting married (and our families), I think if I can get to the point of walking down the aisle and know we made it and see our hard work pay off and get to marry my best friend all at the same time....totally worth it and I can't wait! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • irishfoxirishfox member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    In Response to Hi Ladies!:

Your name and your FI?
    Laura and Nick

How did you two meet?
    We met when we we're both working for a computer company. we became friends first and one day he asked me out and the rest is history
    Laughing

10th June 2010 in Orlando, Florida.

I have a few ideas bouncing around in my head but nothing booked yet. Currently looking for a wedding planner so if anyone has any reccommendations i'm all ears

Having as much fun as possible and letting the world know he's the one  for me!!! Plus as we're irish and all our guests will be coming from home it will be nice to have a wedding in the sunshine away from the dreadful irish weather

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your name and your FI? Joey

How did you two meet? We worked together at the same company

Date and location of wedding? 6/23/2012 @ Etiwanda Gardens

Have you started planning? YES!!! we put a side money each month and make a payment to our venue every month

What are you looking forward to the most on your wedding day
    ? Just being married to him

• Your name and your FI?
    Courtney and Tom

How did you two meet?
    We were introduced by a mutual friend in college. We have been dating for a little over four years and were just engaged.

June 16, 2012-New Orleans, La.

Yes-we have tentatively booked a church and will be sending a deposit later this month. Places book up quickly around here!

I can't wait for the doors of the church to open and to walk toward my FI!
    Photobucket
  • edited July 2010
    Your name and your FI?
    Shana and Jeremy

How did you two meet?
    I was a Resident Assistant in the dorm he is living in last fall semester. Spring semester of 2010 I stopped being a Resident Assistant and we have been together every since.

June 23, 2012 and not sure yet of the place. It will either be in Oklahoma or Missouri.

Just putting things in my head and starting to put a budget in the works.

Being called husband and wife. Having our first dance.
  • Your name and your FI?
    Tori & Lucas

How did you two meet?
    We first met at a sorority/fraternity mixer but we were both in relationships with other people.  We met again at a halloween party about a year later.

June 2nd, 2012 and not sure yet of the place. It will either be in New York or New Jersey

I've looked at a few venues and tried on some dresses but no real decisions yet!

Celebrating with our friends & family and starting our new life together!
    PersonalMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your name and your FI?   Tiffany and Aaron

How did you two meet?  
    We're high school sweethearts <3

June 29th, In an exhibit barn at our local 4-H grounds.

I have all of it planned in my head LOL, but havn't started anything yet really.

Officially being Mrs. Osgood!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards