Attire & Accessories Forum

Linen Suits - Too wrinkly for pictures?

My FH and I found a khaki linen suit for a great price at Men's Wearhouse for our beach wedding next year.  Apparently it is very popular among brides for destination weddings.  I'm freaking out though because it's linen and don't want him to look like he just rolled out of bed in every picture!  Have you had experience with linen suits, or this one in particular?  Does it wrinkle like crazy?  We are thinking the same suit for all of the groomsmen and fathers and I'm not as worried about them being wrinkled, mostly the groom!  A friend suggested starching it really well beforehand and keeping a portable steamer close by, but I don't want to be worried about his suit all night!  Any advice or thoughts appreciated!
Thank you!

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10051_10558_10601_46555_-1_10558_TAN%20SOLID_10051_?cm_vc=40159

Re: Linen Suits - Too wrinkly for pictures?

• My FH and I found a khaki linen suit for a great price at Men's Wearhouse for our beach wedding next year.  Apparently it is very popular among brides for destination weddings.  I'm freaking out though because it's linen and don't want him to look like he just rolled out of bed in every picture!  Have you had experience with linen suits, or this one in particular?  Does it wrinkle like crazy?  We are thinking the same suit for all of the groomsmen and fathers and I'm not as worried about them being wrinkled, mostly the groom!  A friend suggested starching it really well beforehand and keeping a portable steamer close by, but I don't want to be worried about his suit all night!  Any advice or thoughts appreciated!
    Thank you!

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10051_10558_10601_46555_-1_10558_TAN%20SOLID_10051_?cm_vc=40159

• FI and GM are wearing linen pants from Mens Warehouse.
    They're all instructed not to put the pants on until they're ready to walk out the door and down to the beach for the ceremony.  This way they haven't sat in them and they wont be wrinkled for pictures.
    Linen can wrinkle just by looking at them it seems, but as long as you have a plan (which is why we do) they wont be wrinkly for the important photos after the ceremony!
    imageAnniversary
  • I'd try to find non linen suits. Your worries are valid. Once the guys sit down or kneel, the wrinkles will be set for the rest of the night. So, the men will probably look rumpled  at the reception, cake cutting, toast, etc.
  • Thank you!  We are seeing each other beforehand and taking most of our pictures then, so I'm hoping that will help.  I will see if I can find non-linen but the price is so great I'm afraid I won't be able to get the FH interested in something else!  He will agree not to put the jacket on until the last minute though!  :)
  • Hi, I know this is an old post... but can anyone who used the linen suits give me a report on how they did?  The men's warehouse deal is unbeatable at buy one get one free and it's the perfect color.  I was trying to avoid linen suits at all costs, but they seem just right and I can't find anything else comparable that matches.  Plus the wedding is in July when its hot, and putting them in linen seems like a nice thing to do son they're not so hot! 
    Thoughts and experience having the groom and groomsmen in linen??  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards