Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

NWR: Groomers near NW Metro

Hey Ladies
I am looking for a different Groomer. Although I love the quality of work she does she is getting too expensive to me. Currently, I go to New Hope Animal Hospital and for a my 12lb King Charles named Missy they charge $45. :(

Any Furry Parents have recs for a reasonably priced groomers near Robbinsdale/New Hope/Crystal/Brooklyn Center/Park???

TIA!

Re: NWR: Groomers near NW Metro

• edited December 2011
    We just go to Petco in Brooklyn Park or Pet Smart in Maple Grove, but our Boxer doesn't need much for grooming other than her nails b/c she has a very short coat.
  • edited December 2011
    Yep we have done the Petsmart in Maple Grove also, off Hemlock.

I believe for Finley it was 35 or so for a bath, nail clip (not file) and blow dry/cut
    and he is 20 pounds or so. not sure if the 12 pounds would qualify for a cheaper cut or not there-

Doesn't your dog get all stressed out going to the groomers? Last time Finley was extremely stressed and had diarrhea because of it! hahaha
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_nwr-groomers-near-nw-metro?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:3f6c9174-e0bb-478d-9ebf-17a64e9bc49cPost:3acdac0a-6ccc-404a-b623-44127c753d87">Re: NWR: Groomers near NW Metro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep we have done the Petsmart in Maple Grove also, off Hemlock. I believe for Finley it was 35 or so for a bath, nail clip (not file) and blow dry/cut and he is 20 pounds or so. not sure if the 12 pounds would qualify for a cheaper cut or not there- Doesn't your dog get all stressed out going to the groomers? Last time Finley was extremely stressed and had diarrhea because of it! hahaha
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

OH NO! Missy loves going to Christie. She loves everyone and she gets excited going anywhere. :) When we get there she always runs right to them- Missy hates baths but she handles them really well, just freezes and waits for it to be over haha. I wonder if that means someone about the people at Petsmart :(
    When Missy first started going to New Hope  she was only $25 for a puppy groom since she was so small and <1  but as soon as she turned a 1 yr old (last Dec.) they started charging the full price :(  which adds up quickly!
  • edited December 2011
    It might too far of a drive for you but I have two great recs in the Blaine area.  We've taken our girl to both of these places and we've had great experiences at both (Shiloh HATES being groomed and they are great with her)...prices are about the same, we pay ~$36 for our black lab...I believe the smaller breeds are quite a bit cheaper though.

Stone Mountain Pet Lodge (we go to Christy, she is fabulous!)

All 4 Dogs (no specific groomer here to recommend, they all are great)
    imageimage
    Born 37w4d on 09/27/11 - 5lbs 10oz 19 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Julie's Pet Parlour in North mpls/close to the edge of Brooklyn Park.  She runs it out of her house and is very quick and pretty reasonable. I would ask for her pricing first. I get quite a bit done on my Brussels and it is around $40. So it might be less expensive with a smaller pup. 
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We use Groomingdales in Burnsville. I know that there are several locations, but I don't know where they are. They are super nice and great with my scardy cat puppy!
  • edited December 2011
    This isn't exactly in your area, but my sister owns her own grooming shop in Otsego, MN. Her business is called "Paradise Paw Spa" and her name is Robin. She does a great job on our sister's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I just texted her to ask on a price and she said that if you are interested you should give her a call and she'll quote you. Her shop # is: (763) 441-3270.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies - I am going to start calling places tomorrow!
  • edited December 2011

We just took our pup the the Petco in Maple Grove and they are great there. I actually like the groomer at the Brooklyn Park location better because she just gushed about our dog when we picked him up. We were such proud parents! It is just further from our house...

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    For those that used Petco or PetSmart -- Did you have to call to make an appt?
  • lstifterlstifter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have 2 cavaliers and, just from my experience, I wasn't happy with the way that petco/petsmart groomed them.  I like mine to look very natural and was unhappy with some of the trimming they did on the feet and legs.  I tried a few locations and just decided to go elsewhere.  So if you are going to try them out, you may want to be specific if you like certain things.  I ended up going to a local groomer and the prices is the same as you were paying. 

BTW- your little on is so cute!  Looking at her makes me want to get another!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards